About this event
The SCCA Philadelphia Region 2018 SOLO Summer Series
This event will be run in full-day format and is capped at a maximum of 180 drivers.
If this is your first Philly Region event:
Philadelphia Region runs a novice program to help newcomers to the sport get through their first couple of events and have fun doing it.
- There will be a Novice course walk with an instructor at 9am. Walk the course on your own before this time, in order to get the most value from the guided walk.
- During your run group, Instructors will be available - put your 4-way flashers on to indicate that you'd like one to ride along.
- If this is your first autocross event, arrive early to ensure that you have time to register, prep your car, tech, and walk the course before 9am.
- All autocross events are run/work events, and during one heat you will help work the course. Please review this useful information about courseworking put together by the Susquehanna region: http://www.scca-susq.com/autocross/beginners-guide/working-the-course/
This event will be run in full-day format with two to three heats, depending on final registration numbers.
Everyone must check-in at registration in the morning, even if you pre-register online, to obtain a barcode for our registration program!
The site is open at 6:30 AM. We strongly suggest that you plan on arriving by 7:30 AM to allow time to get your car ready, check in at registration, get your work assignment, get your car through tech inspection, and then have time for course walks prior to the mandatory drivers' meeting.
Run order: (Please note that although we try to follow this run order as closely as possible, small changes usually have to be made to keep the groups balanced)
- Heat 1 - Street Touring, Prepared, Modified, PCA Riesentoter
- Heat 2 - AStreet, BStreet, Street Prepared, Street Modified, Street Tire Street Prepared/Modified (STPM), CAM, FSAE
- Heat 3 - C/D/E/F/G/HStreet, S Street, S Street-R
Ladies Class: Any competitor competing in Ladies class will be given the option to run in any heat, based on worker needs.
Junior Kart class: Any competitor competing in the classes will run between Heat 1 and 2 and than again between Heat 2 and 3 during the worker changeover. All competitors must be suited and in the kart awaiting release onto the course following the completion of the Heat.
6:30 Site Opens
8:00 - 8:30 Pre-Registration Check-In
8:30 - 9:00 On-Site Registration
8:00 - 9:30 Course Walks
8:05 - 9:05 Tech Inspection
8:45 Novice Course Walk
9:30 Mandatory Driver's Meeting
10:00 First Car Off
End Of Event
- Clean Up and Trophies
SCCA Member On-site Entry Fee: $50
Non-SCCA Member On-Site Entry Fee: $60
Jr. Karts: $25 discount - use discount code JRKART
Note: Each competitor is eligible to receive a $5 registration fee discount by pre-registering for the event online at http://www.motorsportreg.com.
All competitors must posses a valid driver's license, except competitors driving Junior Karts (JA, JB, or JC class).
All competitors under 18 years of age are required to have a Minor Waiver form signed by a legal guardian. This form must either be signed in the presence of an SCCA member at the event, or signed and notarized prior to the event. The minor waiver form is available here.
All competitors must be SCCA members, or must purchase an SCCA weekend membership. The cost of this weekend membership is included in the $60 Non-SCCA Member registration fee. You may then apply $15 of your registration fee towards a full SCCA Membership.
If you are an SCCA Member, or you have a valid Weekend Membership from another event, you must present your membership card or weekend membership paperwork at the registration table on the day of the event, or you will be required to purchase a weekend membership for that event.
Passengers age 12 and older are permitted. Any passengers under 18 must have a completed minor waiver as described above. All passengers must be SCCA members or weekend members. The weekend membership fee is waived for passengers. (It's still free to ride along, you just have to fill out some paperwork at the event.)
To carry passengers, a driver must have at least 2 years of documented autocross experience.