About this event
Pittsburgh International Race Complex September 13-14
High Performance Driver Education Event
2.8 Mile, 19 Turn Course
- 4 Sessions on Track
- SCDA Lead Shadow Instruction and in-car when possible for Novice Drivers
- Virtual Classroom Sessions and in-person when possible
- Early Registration Discount: Save $200 by registering for both days before August 13th
- Pitt Race Event entry fees are $399 ($599 novice drivers) retail for a single day or only $724 ($999 novice drivers) for a 2 day event.
- Camping is available at the track
- A reminder that drivers can sign up for either a single day, or sign up for a two consecutive day event and receive a discounted entry fee!
- A limited number of arrive and drive rental Spec Miatas are available for this event
- Concessions will be open for breakfast and lunch
- GARAGES are available for this Event for an additional fee directly through the track
- Sign up with confidence- Covid 19 cancellation policy.
RUN GROUPS AVAILABLE at Pitt Race on September 13th and 14th
- NOVICE: The Green Group. (Newer track drivers with no experience to limited experience, typically novice drivers spend about 5 events in the novice group. Instructors are required and will be provided for lead shadow w/ radio communication. In car instruction may be available depending on COVID-19)
- INTERMEDIATE 1: The Blue Run Group. (Must have prior experience driving solo without an instructor, at least 5 events driving solo)
- INTERMEDIATE 2: The White Run Group. (Must have considerable road course experience and at least 20 track events)
- ADVANCED: The Red Run Group. (Highest level- years of track experience)
See the comprehensive Run Group Criteria here. If you are unsure what group is best, please email after registering.
Download the PittRace Daily Schedule for September 13th and 14th (daily schedule subject to change)
PittRace event entry fees are $399 ($599 novice drivers) retail for a single day or only $724 ($999 novice drivers) for a 2 day event.
2-Day Special: Sign up before August 13th and pay only $599
Please CONTINUE to Register:
The Sports Car Driving Association welcomes all driving enthusiasts to attend our events. In the interest of clarification, we would like to outline the basic criteria that should be met, in order to place you in the appropriate run group. We make every effort to ensure that drivers are placed in run groups with other drivers of comparable experience levels. This will ensure that run groups are balanced, safe and fun. This guideline is meant to serve as a tool to help you decide where you would fit in best within SCDA.
SCDA Run Groups: See the Run Group Criteria
NOVICE is also known as the Green Run Group. (Newer track drivers with no experience to limited experience, typically novice drivers spend about 5 events in the novice group. Instructors are required and will be provided for lead shadow w/ radio communication. In car instruction may be available depending on COVID-19)
INTERMEDIATE 1 is also known as the Blue Run Group. (Must have prior experience driving solo without an instructor) Lower Intermediate group, comfortable and capable of driving solo on track.
INTERMEDIATE 2 is also known as the White Run Group. Upper Intermediate run group. Extensive driving experience.
ADVANCED is also known as the Red Run Group. (Highest level- years of track experience)
*Please note that the above is a rough guideline, more info on the SCDA website. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not sure of which group or make a comment during the registration form.
Sound Limit at this event: UNMUFFLED
Helmets with a SNELL SA-2015 rating or higher is REQUIRED for all SCDA Events
Helmets with an M-rating are not Acceptable. Motorcycle helmets do not have the proper safety requirements for car use by the SNELL Foundation.
Helmets MUST have one of these two labels on the inside.
Helmets may be available to rent for $50 upon request, limited sizes and rentals are available, PLEASE CHECK FIRST. If you are not able to get one prior to event, email us approximate size and we will add a helmet to your entry and charge $50 to card on file.
- SCDA Partner Black Armor Helmets Use coupon code SCDA5 for a 5% discount.
- Driving Impressions
- HMS Motorsports
For safety reasons, all convertibles (Boxster, Miata, Corvette, BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Pontiac Solstice etc.) are required to have a roll bar that meets the following two criteria in order to be eligible to run during any event. 1) The roll bar must be in the fixed position and visible at all times. This means that roll bars which are designed to automatically deploy are not acceptable unless they are in the full upright and locked position at all times. 2) The roll bar must allow the driver to pass the “broomstick” test which means that the top of the drivers helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar to the top of the windshield. There are aftermarket roll bars and/or seats which can be used to help meet these requirements. If your convertible meets these standards, then you are welcome to participate! Factory hard tops are acceptable at most tracks, as well.