About this event
Lime Rock Park October 23, 2021
Car Control Clinic 9AM-12PM
- Open to all drivers. No experience necessary
- 9:00 to 12:00 Schedule is mostly track time (Arrive by 8:00)
- Chalk talk to Start the day at 8:30am.
- Radio coaching at all times on track from SCDA Instructors- In car instructors when restrictions allow
- Wet Skid Pad gives drivers a chance to find the traction limit and balance the car at the limit
- Autocross Track adds the challenge of braking and compound corners, putting the driver's new skills to the test
- Muffled event with a 86db sound limit
- Rental Spec Miatas are available for this event
- Early-Bird Special: Save $20 by registering before August 23, 2021
- Car Control Clinic Entry fee is $299 after August 23rd
- Sign up with confidence- Covid 19 cancellation policy.
Warmed Up? Drive in the afternoon as well on the big track, check out our full track event for Solo drivers.
Shawn Pierce Photo
The SCDA Car Control Clinic will include a Chalk Talk, covering vehicle dynamics, oversteer, understeer, threshold braking, and most importantly, fine tuning your Car Control! The event will then quickly transition to both the Wet Skid Pad and Lime Rock's full 1/2 mile Autocross track.
This event is open to any driver 18 years of age or over (16-17 with parental waiver), NO prior track experience is needed. The event will be professionally staffed by the SCDA Instructor team. They will be available to work with you during the event to ensure some serious in car training, and of course a ton of fun pushing the limits, playing on the Skid Pad and Auto X tracks.
The event is Limited to 24 Participants, providing Maximum Seat Time on both the Skid Pad and Auto X, as well as a very intimate Instructor to Student Ratio. Spots are extremely Limited for this SCDA Car Control Clinic; so if learning the limits of your car in a safe environment is what you are looking for, then this is the event for you!
Arrive and Drive Spec Miatas are available for this event as well.
The SCDA Car Control Clinic is only $299.
The SCDA Car Control Clinic event will take place from 9am- 12pm (please arrive by 8:00am)
Sound Restrictions: Please note that cars will need to be MUFFLED to 86dB at all Lime Rock Park track events unless otherwise expressed. Most cars with streel-legal exhaust systems will be under the 86dB sound limit.
Please continue to Register:
SOUND LIMIT AT LIME ROCK: 86dB. Please make sure your car meets the sound requirement of 86db or less. It is at the track's discretion to remove you from the event if you are over the sound limit due to town ordinances. We cannot issue refunds or any credits due to non compliance.
AGE REQUIREMENT: This event is open to any driver 18 years of age or over (16-17 with parental waiver), NO prior track experience is needed
HELMETS: Helmets are only required if using a car with an aftermarket roll-bar
CONVERTIBLES & SUV's: Cars, Convertibles, Small Trucks and SMALL SUVs are allowed at this event
VEHICLE INSPECTION: Not required, but we expect you to have a car in safe operating condition and empty of loose items.