About this event
Welcome to the 2018 MBR SCCA Autocross/Solo season!
Autocross is a timed event that pits a driver's skill and a car's handling ability against the clock. A course is laid out using cones and the goal is to travel from the starting line to the finish in the lowest amount of time. A time penalty is incurred when cones are hit, so precision and control are essential. "Autocross" and "Solo" are used interchangeably - "Solo" is the SCCA's specific brand of autocross.
Autocross is one of the cheapest, safest and easiest motorsports to participate in. Our fees (listed below) are low, and no special safety gear (such as roll bars, fire suits, etc.) is required except a helmet (and the MBR Region has free loaner helmets available on site). You don’t need a “race car” to participate. Almost any production car is welcome, from showroom stock to heavily modified. Cars only compete against other, similar cars depending on its original performance and modifications. Cars are never near each other on the course and the speeds are relatively low, but still incredibly fun.
MBR’s events are held at Lake Erie Speedway. The Speedway is an 1/8th mile oval track with banked turns and paved infield, and we use all of it. Oval track racing might not be for everyone, but it’s hard to keep a smile off of your face blasting around the banking and diving off into the infield.
Solo Event Information
- Set-up begins at 10:00 AM
- Registration: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Tech: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Mandatory Driver's Meeting is at 11:45 AM
- First car off at 12:15 PM
- Cost is $35 for SCCA members and $55 for non-members. Members MUST have their card present for discount. ALL competitors MUST have their driver's license to participate.
- Due to the late start, there will be no lunch break. Make sure to bring a lunch with you or eat before you show up.
All cars, participants, and specators must meet all SCCA requirements. These include, but are not limited to:
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Competitors under the age of 18 must have a minor waiver signed by both parents or guardians. If parents will not be attending the event, signed minor waiver form must be notarized and brought to the event.
- Helmets are required to be Snell (M or SA) 2005 rated or newer. (Helmets are available on site for use)
- The full SCCA Rule Book can be found at the following link: https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules
At the event, we still need you to go to the registration booth to confirm you are there.
If you have any questions about the requirements of the event, please contact us. We can be contacted through Motorsportreg, or you can visit our website for contact information.