About this event
- Featuring the "Litchfield Cup with The Commonwealth vs. The Rest of the World" team race on Friday.
- The event places a special focus on our Pre-War cars and awards the Victory Lane Pre-War Cup.
- Enter a postwar vehicle at the regular entry fee, and bring a Pre-War car for free!
- Preservation group available Saturday only. Details below.
- Save $50 by entering by September 13!
- Entries made before Labor Day Weekend will receive a small gift at check-in!
We'll close out our track season with this always popular event with at least seven sessions for all race groups.
- On Friday we'll again hold the "Litchfield Cup” featuring The Commonwealth vs. The Rest of the World". The format is what you've all enjoyed in the last two years - an additional ~25 minutes of track time with your respective team. All Fall Finale entrants are welcome and encouraged to participate in the Cup at no additional charge.
- Open to VSCCA eligible and "Preservation" cars as well as Event Chair's allowances.
- Approved, non-VSCCA members are also welcome to the Fall Finale.
- On Saturday we will have three 20-minute sessions for Preservation and Pre-war cars. See details below.
- The Boy Scouts will have their camping outing, it's always fun to have them visit us in the paddock.
- We will have a Potluck Cookout at 6:00 PM on Friday. You can sign up for it in the registration process.
This is always a great time of year to spend a couple of days at Lime Rock. Join us!
- Friday, September 27, 2024
- Saturday, September 28, 2024
- Pre-War Special! Enter a Post-War car and get a Pre-War entry (car must be made prior to 1941) for free.
- Save $50 by entering through September 13!
- Two-day Early bird: $500 - Only offered to current VSCCA members
- Two-day Regular: $550
- One-day Early bird: $275 - Only offered to current VSCCA members
- One-day Regular: $300
- Preservation entry for Saturday Only (Available through September 13): $275
- Non-VSCCA member entry rates are $50 higher, however you get a credit of $100 towards your first year of VSCCA membership by entering two VSCCA track events in the same year.
- For payment by check, please make your check out to VSCCA, Inc. and contact the Event Chair for a mailing addre
Whit Smith at 847-561-7515 or email@example.com
Organized by the Vintage Sports Car Club of America. Check out the VSCCA at VSCCA.org
The Early Bird Entry is up to two weeks before the start of a track event: specifically the Springs Sprints, Drivers' School, Empire Cup, Thompson Vintage Festival, White Mountain Vintage Grand Prix and Fall Finale.
- Only offered to current VSCCA members
- If you DO NOT pay by Credit Card, your payment MUST BE MAILED to the Event Chair no later than two (2) weeks prior to the event. If you do not send your payment promptly and show up at the event with a check in hand, you will have to pay the Regular Entry fee which is $50 more than the Early Bird rate.
- There is no Early Bird discount for Tech sessions, Hill Climbs, the Annual General Meeting and Holiday socials. The Lime Rock Historic Festival has its own Early Bird and cancellation policies.
- Racing experience: For this online registration for the VSCCA group, the entrant must be a VSCCA-approved driver or have a current and unencumbered (not on suspension) VMC license issued by a VMC organization (VRG, VARAC, etc.) - Full details here (PDF)
- VSCCA membership: Not required - VSCCA members and non-members are welcome.
- Current medical: Required
- Personal safety equipment: Required - Full details here (PDF)
- Car requirements
- General: Open to VSCCA logbook cars through 1965, VMC, SCCA and similar logbook cars through the early 70’s and Event Chair's allowances. When in doubt ask the Event Chair before registering - Full details here (PDF)
- Muffled? Yes. Please make sure your car meets the sound requirement of 86db or less. It is at the track's discretion to remove you from the event if you are over the sound limit due to town ordinances. We cannot issue refunds or any credits due to non-compliance.
- Technical inspection: Required. Please remember to print a copy of the tech sheet, fill it in and bring it to the event - Download Tech Sheet here (PDF)
- Car Safety Equipment: Required - Full details here (PDF)
- Logbook: Cars entered must have a VSCCA log book OR have a log book from another VMC organization and be VSCCA-eligible for the event. If a car that is entered without a VSCCA logbook is not in keeping with VSCCA regulations and is accepted by the Event Chair, the car will be allowed to run this event. However, the entrant will be advised that to enter future VSCCA events, certain aspects of their car may need to be brought into compliance.
Please note this is not a race group. Nor is it a parade group. Passing will be allowed by "point by" only on the Sam Posey Straight and Paul Newman Straight. Passing going into a corner or in a corner will not be permitted.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who may have retired from racing or does not race, or perhaps a racer who has a particular car they do not want to race but would like to get it on the track. If you are interested, please rally your like-minded friends to join you.
To enter, select the "Saturday One Day" entry Early Bird for $275. Select “Preservation” as your desired group.
- Racing experience: No racing experience needed but track experience recommended.
- VSCCA membership: Required, but you do not need to be on our “Approved Driver” list.
- Current medical: Not required.
- Personal safety equipment:
- SA certified helmet (Snell SA2015 or SA2020 - not an “M” or “K” helmet.) Full face and with a shield if an open car.
- Nomex driving suit - 3 layers total preferred, but 2-layers minimum. A 1-layer suit is acceptable only if worn together with fireproof underwear.
- Fireproof shoes and socks.
- Fireproof driving gloves.
- Balaclava, especially if you have facial hair.
- A head & neck restraint device is highly recommended for cars with 4- to 6-point harnesses. (Please note other vintage clubs require this.)
- Arm restraints, especially in open cars.
- Car requirements
- General: Cars in this group include pre-war and street-legal cars through the early seventies that have not been race- or performance-modified. When in doubt ask the Event Chair
- Muffled? Yes - Please make sure your car meets the sound requirement of 86db or less. It is at the track's discretion to remove you from the event if you are over the sound limit due to town ordinances. We cannot issue refunds or any credits due to non-compliance.
- Tires: All cars must have treaded tires - no slicks.
- Technical inspection: Required. Please remember to print a copy of the tech sheet, fill it in and bring it to the event. Download Tech Sheet here (PDF)
- Car Safety Equipment:
- Seat belts in good condition are required but do not need to have a current date.
- Recommended, but not required, will be a mounted fire extinguisher, oil overflow tank, and battery kill switch (with identifying sticker).
- Logbook: Not required but cars entered must be VSCCA eligible
- If you have not used motorsportreg.com before please set up a free account by starting here: New account setup
- If you have a motorsportreg.com account but have not used it for a VSCCA event please click here for a video: Existing accounts new to VSCCA
- If you need to update/change your registration (vehicle, group, etc.) please see these instructions: How to change registration
- If you need to cancel your registration please see these instructions: How to cancel registration
- For other help links start here: MotorsportsReg Help