About this event
Fall Finale: A Pre-War Celebration
Friday and Saturday, September 30 - October 1, Lime Rock Park
Save $50 by entering by September 16!
Use your credit card and the charge will not go through until the weekend of the event and you will not be charged credit card fees!
We'll close out our track season with this always popular event with at least six sessions for all race groups.
The event places a special focus on our Pre-War cars and award the Victory Lane Pre-War Cup.
On Friday we start a new tradition; "The Commonwealth vs. The Rest of the World". A 25 minute session for each group with the winning team, as defined by most aggregate laps completed divided by number of starters, to be awarded the innagural Litchfield Cup.
On Saturday we will have three 20-minute sessions for Preservation, back again after a few years in hibernation. See "Event Requirements" below for details.
The Boy Scouts will have their camping outing, it's always fun to have them visit us in the paddock.
All participants are invited to a happy hour on Friday evening under the timing tower.
This is always a great time of year to spend a couple of days at Lime Rock. Join us!
- Enter a postwar vehicle at the regular entry fee, and bring a prewar car at no additional charge!
- Participate in the LRP Historic Festival on the Labor Day weekend with your Pre-War car and receive a $100 credit towards your Prewar entry at the Fall Finale.
- Approved, non-VSCCA members are also welcome to the Pre-War Celebration.
- Both days will be shared with the Lime Rock Driver’s Club.
- This is a muffled event.
For more information on the Fall Finale please contact Event Chair Whit Smith at 847-561-7515 or email@example.com
- Early Bird two-day entry (Good through September 16!): $475
- Early Bird two-day entry for Pre-War cars entered in the Lime Rock Historics: $375
- Pre-War Special! Enter a Post-War car end get a Pre-War entry for free (car must be made prior to 1941).
- Regular two-day entry: $525
- Early Bird one-day entry (Good through September 16!): $250
- Early Bird Preservation entry (Good through September 16!): $250
- Regular one-day entry: $275
EARLY BIRD POLICY:
The Early Bird Entry is up to two weeks before the start of a track event: specifically the VSCCA Springs Sprints, Empire Cup, Thompson Vintage Festival, White Mountain Vintage Grand Prix and Fall Finale. If you DO NOT pay by Credit Card, your payment MUST BE MAILED to the Event Chair no later than two (2) weeks prior to the event. If you do not send your payment promptly and show up at the event with a check in hand, you will have to pay the Regular Entry fee which is $50 more than the Early Bird rate.
If you have not used motorsportreg.com before please click here for video instructions on how to set up an account: New Account Set Up
If you have a motorsportreg.com account but have not used it for a vscca event please click here for a video: Existing accounts new to VSCCA
If you need to cancel your registration please watch this instructional video: Cancel Registration
- Entrants must be an approved driver of the VSCCA or have a VMC current unemcumbered (not on suspension) license issued by a VMC organization (VRG, VARAC, etc.)
- Entrants must have a current medical.
- Cars entered must have a VSCCA log book OR have a log book from another VMC organization and be VSCCA eligible for the event.
- If a car that is entered without a VSCCA logbook and is not in keeping with VSCCA regulations the car will be allowed to run this event. However, the entrant will be advised that to enter future VSCCA events certain aspects of their car may need to be brought into compliance.
- VSCCA rules require treaded tires. Cars with slicks will not be allowed to run with VSCCA groups. To see the VSCCA tire rules please go to VSCCA Tire Rules
- This is a muffled event.
- If you have questions about your or your car’s eligibility please contact the Event Chair Whit Smith at 847-561-7515 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Preservation rules for Fall Finale - Availble for Saturday only
The car must be VSCCA logbook-eligible but a logbook is not required.
• Cars will need to pass a Safety Check.
• Seat belts in good condition are required but do not need to have a current date.
• Recommended, but not required, will be a mounted fire extinguisher, oil overflow tank, and battery kill switch (with identifying sticker).
• Drivers must be current VSCCA member but they do not need to be on our “Approved Driver” list. A current medical is not required.
• All drivers must wear a helmet with at least a 2010 Snell certification.
• Recommended, but not required, is a Nomex driving suit, gloves, and shoes.
• Our goal is at least 10 entries by Friday, September 16.
Please note this is not a race group. Nor is it a parade group. Passing will be allowed by "point by" only on the Sam Posey Straight and No Name Straight. Passing going into a corner or in a corner will not be permitted.
To enter select the "Saturday One Day" entry Early Bird for $250. Select “Preservation” as your desired group.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who may have retired from racing or does not race, or perhaps a racer who has a particular car they do not want to race but would like to get it on the track. If you are interested, please rally your like-minded friends to join you.