About this event
That's right! Back by popular demand, the 2022 Ladies-Only Autocross School, hosted by the Triad Sports Car Club on Saturday, October 29th!
If you have any questions about this event, please email Chris Peterson at email@example.com , please make sure to put CHICK SCHOOL in the subject line.
The school will take place at the Danville Regional Airport. Please utilize the following address:
1744 South Boston Rd
Danville, VA 24540
The women and men of TSCC are very excited to be presenting this event to provide an opportunity to introduce autocross to women who may be totally new to the sport, as well as any women who have been participating only a short while who would like to get additional seat time and instruction -- all in a low-key, stress-free environment. A valid Driver's License is required for all students driving at this school. All males will have to be off site well before the school actually begins! This is an event ran 100% by ladies for ladies!
What can I drive?
Most cars are fine. If you plan to enter in a Truck or SUV we ask that you pump the brakes. While many modern SUV's are pretty dang stable there is still a higher rollover risk than in a normal car. SUV's/CUV's like a Subaru Forester, Toyota RAV-4, Mazda CX5, etc are not allowed. Even some cars like a standard Fiat 500 or Ford Fiesta (very short, but tall) are not allowed to run (However the Abarth & ST trim of these cars are!). Our guideline for determining eligibility is as follows: If your vehicle has a height that is greater than the track width, it cannot run. If you are unsure if your vehicle is eligible to run just let us know!
What will we be doing?
With a generous amount of help from all of the North Carolina Sports Car Clubs (Especially the ladies!!), we will equip you with the knowledge to be comfortable and have fun at an autocross. You'll have plenty of seat-time, hands-on instruction, and opportunity to ask any questions that come to your mind. Remember, there is no dumb question! So, what happens if it rains? Well, regular autocrosses run rain or shine. However, in an effort to provide the best learning environment for all aspects of this school, in the event of forecasted steady rain, we may consider rescheduling the school sometime later in the year. We will notify all participants as soon as possible if a rain-date change is expected.
An agenda and any pre-event instructions will be provided to each student and instructor via email after preregistration closes. However, if you have an immediate question or would like to discuss the event further with any attendee's or the organizer, please visit the Facebook Event Link below!
Chick School Facebook Event Page
This facebook page will start updating the week of september 12th. If you have more immediate needs, please contact Chris Peterson at: Fishercjs@gmail.com (Make sure you put "CHICK SCHOOL" in the title!)
BUT WAIT! There's more!
As a thank you to the studends AND the instructors for taking part in and help run this event, Triad Sports Car Club is granting students and instructors free entry into the following day's (October 30th) autocross event also taking place at Danville! Details of this event will be shared with all who sign up through E-Mail and other means at a later date closer to the actual event date.
Again, the North Carolina Sports Car Club community is very excited to be able to bring you this event. We look forward to seeing you Saturday, October 29th!
1744 South Boston Rd, Danville, VA 24540
- Gates open at 7:00 AM
- Tech will take place at 8:30 AM and be Roaming
- Drivers Meeting and Instructor Course Walks at 9:00 AM
- First car off by 9:45 AM
Your Entree Fee of $45 will cover:
- Top Notch Instruction!
- An Event T-Shirt
Tech Inspection will be held prior to the drivers meeting. DON'T WORRY! Instructors will be on hand to help with this! However, here is a short list of what Tech Inspectors are looking for:
- Clean out any loose items in the car (including the trunk): things like cell phones cables, garage door openers, loose change and such.
- Have car # and Class clearly marked on the side of the vehicles (NOT on the windows) **** NOTE - Car class & numbers are not required at this event.
- The battery has to be properly secured.
- If your floor mats are not physically attached to carpet, they will have to be removed. We don’t want the floor mat to bunch up under the brake or gas.
- Hubcaps and center caps on wheels should be removed. If your hubcaps mount to the wheel and are held in place by the lug nuts, then they can stay on, otherwise they should be removed.
- Have a SNELL approved helmet, 2010 or newer (M-rated or SA-rated). Don't worry, if you don't have one we have loaners available.
Additionally, our instructors will assist you with the following, if needed:
- Check basic fluids such as oil, coolant, and brake.
- Make sure you torque the lug nuts to manufacturer's recommended tightness.
- Make sure you have no active leaks on the motor, transmission or diff. Oil on the track is a bad thing.
- Check tire pressure. If you don’t know what to set it to, a good starting point is typically 35 psi.
- You WILL experience greater than normal tire wear. Your tires MUST be serviceable, meaning they have appropriate tread, no chords showing, etc.