About this event
2022 Points Event #6 - August 21st at Pungo Autocross Site
The Tidewater Sports Car Club (TSCC) autocross season runs from March through November with championship series events typically taking place on the 3rd Sunday of the month. This is a great opportunity for new participants to get involved with autocross.
$35 - Members
$45 - Non- Members
Dont have a membership yet? Register Here!
Proceed below to pre-register
The TSCC 2022 Autocross Rules can be reviewed here: http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/club-autocross-rules/
Not sure about classing your car? Read our Classing Guide: http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/classing-guide/
Complete TSCC Autocross Rules and classing/PAX info can be viewed here: http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/club-autocross-rules/
Make sure to read any rule changes for 2022 specifically the new classing structure from 2020!
7:00 Gates Open
7:00 – 8:45 Registration
7:00 – 9:00 Tech
8:15 / 9:00 Novice Meeting/Course Walk at Start Line (Mandatory for all Novice Registered Drivers To Attend At Least One Meeting; Preferably Both!)
9:20 MANDATORY Driver's Meeting at the TSCC Timing and Scoring Bus
9:45 First Car Off
The event will take place RAIN OR SHINE. In the event of severe weather, a decision will be made at the driver’s meeting to determine whether or not we will be running. You will be notified by email if the race event is canceled before its scheduled date.
The event will be split into two, three or four heats, depending on the amount of participation. As an organization ran by volunteers, entrants will participate in the event by driving one heat and working another. If there are more than two heats, then you will likely have an off heat. During off heats, you can relax and enjoy watching other competitors’ on-course however, we may ask you to volunteer to assist in some areas where we maybe short staffed.
Work schedules for typical 3-heat events is drive, then work which looks like the following:
Heat 1 drivers work Heat 2
Heat 2 drivers work Heat 3
Heat 3 drivers work Heat 1
Every person driving in the event MUST work the event. Workers will check-in at a designated location to receive their work assignment approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of the heat. Failure to work the event without notifying staff with a valid reason will be banned from participating in the next event. If this should occur a second time, you will be banned from participating in any events for the season.
Workers may change out on the fly. If you are unsure of the duties your work position entail, the staff will explain or direct you to an experienced member who can help in explaining what your work assignment will entail. Be sure to coordinate with the staff as soon as possible if there are any particular assignments that you may not be able to perform.
Car Preparation/Tech Inspection
Cars must be fully prepared before proceeding to tech.
- Check all lug nuts (wheel bolts) are present and torqued according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Inspect your tires: ensure no cords are showing, do not use tire shine.
- Check your brakes for pedal pressure and proper brake fluid levels.
- Clean windshield/windows.
- Check throttle return spring.
- Check wheel bearings.
- Ensure your car is not leaking excessive amounts of fluid.
- Ensure your battery is secured(Bungee Cords are not an authorized method of securing the battery).
- Numbers: Number (at least 8” tall) and class letters (at least 4” tall) must be displayed on both sides of the car. If you are unsure of your classing, please let us know before proceeding to Tech and we can help you.
- Interior: Clean out all unnecessary items from inside your car (i.e. floor mats, loose speakers, items hanging on rear view mirror, wrappers, tools, etc). Plan on bringing a couple grocery bags with you for this purpose.
- Trunk: Remove spare tire, tools, jack, loose/unsecured items.
- Helmets: Helmets must meet one of the following standards:
SNELL: EA 2016, SA2020, SA2015, SA2010, SAH2010, M2020D, M2020R, M2015, M2010, K2020, K2015, K2010;
SFI standards 31.1/2020, 31.1/2015, 31.1/2010, 41.1/2020, 41.1/2015, 41.1/2010; ECE 22.05* or R22.05*;
FIA standards 8860-2018, 8860-2018-ABP, 8859-2015, 8860-2010.
- Sound Limits: TSCC will be enforcing sound limits of 100dB as measured per SCCA rules, and will be enforced per Appendix I of the 2022 SCCA National Solo Rules.
The most common work assignment, especially for novices, is course working. Course workers stand at worker stations around the course and reset cones as they get knocked over.
All competitors will be required to sign an insurance waiver ONLINE and before entering the facility. Minors will need to have a minor waiver signed by both parents in order to compete or to ride along. The minimum age for riding along is 12 years. You will be required to digitally sign the waiver through a secure mobile application which includes a digital photo of you and your personal signature through your mobile device. If you haven't done so already, please go to http://tscc.speedwaiver.com/ up to 14 days prior to the event and sign the event waiver.