About this event
SJR SCCA Track Sprint at MoE
Event #9 - Track Sprint at MoE
Event is 5+ timed runs on a closed section of NJMP Thunderbolt.
Time trial sprint events are a timed point A to point B race on a closed section of the track with a standing start/flying finish with no cones. Each car is sent one at a time. There are novice classes and classing allows anything from street cars to race cars! It allows you to experience corners and speeds you wouldn't experience on lapping sessions and help you master parts of the track you might be struggling with.
Entry Fee - $120
Early Bird - $100 (Must register by 10/2/20)
Open Practice with MoE 3:45 - 4:45 $75 (CLICK HERE)
Credit Cards will be charged at Check-in. No charge for refunds.
Join the South Jersey Region SCCA and MoE on New Jersey Motorsports Lightning Track. Detailed participation requirements are contained in the event Supplemental Regulations. By entering this event the participant acknowledges that they have read and understand the "Supps" and agree to abide by them.
Insurance is not required for this event, but is recommended.
If you have any questions or need assistance registering for the event contact the Track Events Chairman, Joshua Kuehne, JoshuaKuehneSCCA@Gmail.com
Print and fill out the Tech Sheet and bring it to the event.
South Jersey Region SCCA COVID-19 Guidelines
- We will not provide community beverage coolers. We suggest participants bring their own
- Use disinfecting wipes or disinfectant spray and disposable towels to wipe down equipment, supplies, shared work areas and surfaces between uses, shift changes and frequently throughout the day
- Clean frequently touched surfaces such as tables, counters, doorknobs, light switches, pens, keyboards, and cones (when used)
- As much as possible, staff should keep a single radio with them and not hand off between staff members; before storing or when giving it to another staff member, wipe off the radio with a disinfectant wipe
- Events will be closed to spectators. Racers, crew and family only.
- Drivers should park 6’ away from other vehicles or as far as paddock space allows
- There will be hand washing and sanitizer stations in and around the facility
- Only essential, on-duty workers are allowed in specialty work areas such as timing and scoring; when someone is not working a session, they should remain at their cars or follow social distancing protocols
- All participants and workers MUST wear masks, for not only their own safety but for the safety of everyone on-site
- Six feet of space should be kept between individuals for the entirety of the event, except in cases of participants that are part of the same household
- Limit physical contact; refrain and discourage hugs, handshakes and high-fives
- Staff may need to gently reinforce this requirement throughout the event
- Anyone who continues to ignore social distancing procedures even after staff input may need to be asked to leave
- Online registration only. No walk-ups.
- Registrar shall be 6 ft apart.
If registration is held indoors:
- Limit the number of people permitted inside based on the size of the room, keep 6 feet apart.
- Mark the floor indicating where people should stand—use a bright color like blue or green painters tape
- Use different doors for entrance and exit, when possible
- If available, utilize online waivers through registration software.
- Do not handle clipboards. Have waivers sitting in a place accessible by the participant. Sanitize hands before and after handling the pen.
Registrars should not handle membership cards or driver’s licenses.
- Ask member to hold it up and visually check the validity OR
- Use member look-up in the Member Account Portal to verify membership
- Have wristbands or event credentials on a table for participants to pick up or have registrar just hand it to the participant to put on. Wristbands should be separated prior to opening registration.
- Driver meetings will be held if they are outside and social distancing protocols will be followed.
- Add information about COVID-19 procedures to your normal meeting content and allow for Q&A
- Self-tech w/oversight
- Have driver perform functions to verify equipment where possible
- Wear nitrile gloves* (nitrile preferred to latex due to allergies)
Pit lane/Black Flag
- all participants and workers to wear masks, for not only their own safety but for the safety of everyone on-site
- All pit lane workers must wear a mask when conversing with drivers or other workers.
- When speaking to drivers use the passenger side whenever possible to allow for extra distance. If the car is particularly loud and makes it challenging to speak from a distance, you may need to ask the driver to turn off the car
- Disinfect shared equipment and supplies before and after each use
- Assign household members together, when possible
- Keep corner teams together at the same station during the entire event
- All personnel drive separately to the station, when possible; if this is not possible, do not fill the transport vehicle to capacity and have passengers wear masks
- Hold outside and follow social distancing protocols
- If social distancing cannot be achieved, trophy presentations should be eliminated.
- No physical contact
- Utilize “No Contact” trophy presentation (i.e. set trophies on table/podium steps for pickup)
- If used, do not share the microphone
Tentative Schedule of Events
Friday, October 16th 2020
1:00 - 3:30 PM Registration Open - Classroom
1:00 - 3:30 PM Tech Open - Garage
3:30 PM Mandatory Driver's Meeting – Classroom
3:45 - 4:45 PM - Practice with MoE HPDE opens
5:00 - 6:00PM - Track Hot
6:00 PM Track Closed