About this event
THSCC's presents its eight points autocross event for 2017. We are going back to the fast and flowing venue at the North Carolina Center for Automotive Research (NCCAR). For those who participated in last year's events at this track, you know to expect a great event. For those who are new to THSCC or to NCCAR, this is THE up and coming area for autocross! THSCC uses the actual track to set up its course. This allows for a safe, fast, and long course on the grippiest tarmac in North Carolina. You can't get a better rush than this!
Check out some videos of the previous events to get an idea what this event will be all about:
Note: You may register at the event for an additional $10 fee .
We encourage you to prepay online through the secure MotorsportReg website. Payment is deferred and accounts will not be charged until registration closes, so if you register and find out that you can't make it please cancel your registration prior to registration closing and you will not get charged. If you prefer to register at the event, you will be charged the increased day-of registration fee.
If you would like to redeem an event voucher (i.e. Season Passes or Event Passes) please register normally online and then email the registrar email@example.com and your registration will be modified accordingly.
|Tech Inspection||8:15 - 9:15 AM|
|Registration Check-In||8:00 - 9:00 AM|
|Novice Walk and Talk||9:15|
|Drivers' Meeting||9:40 AM|
|First Car Off||10:00 AM|
Your car should be teched BEFORE the drivers meeting. To pass tech, you must:
- Clean out any loose items in the car, this includes cell phones cables, garage door openers, loose change and such.
- The battery has to be properly secured.
- If your floor mats are not physically attached to carpet, they will have to be removed. We don’t want the floor mat to bunch up under the brake or gas.
- Hubcaps and center caps on wheels should be removed. If your hubcaps mount to the wheel and are held in place by the lug nuts, then they can stay on, otherwise they should be removed.
- Have a SNELL approved helmet, 2005 or newer (M-rated or SA-rated). We do not accept DOT-only approved helmets any longer.
It is your responsibility to:
- Check basic fluids such as oil, coolant, and brake.
- Make sure you torque the lug nuts to manufacturer's recommended tightness.
- Make sure you have no active leaks on the motor, transmission or diff. Oil on the track is a bad thing.
- Check tire pressure. If you don’t know what to set it to, ask ASAP.
- You WILL experience greater than normal tire wear. Your tires MUST be serviceable, meaning they have appropriate tread, no chords showing, etc.
In addition, TO ANYONE ATTENDING THEIR FIRST AUTOCROSS:
- In regards to displaying your class and numbers, please keep in mind that you should use tape or printed letters and numbers that contrast to your car's color, i.e. no blue tape on blue cars.