About this event
Please join Tarheel Sports Car Club for a fun day of autocross on September 24th, 2023 at THE LITTLE ROCK. It's a small oval track with banking and a cross-over allows for many creative course configurations and there are no concrete walls around the track. It has quickly become one of our favorite sites. There’s a lot of grip and a lot of pavement to play with! We will also have a food truck there for lunch.
COVID Notice: In light of the COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures are being developed and will be put into place for events going forward.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.
While on site please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice physical distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
THSCC EVENT REQUIREMENTS:
- These rules will be enforced and we will be re-stating them frequently during the event. If you feel you cannot comply, please do not sign up for the event.
- Please wash/sanitize your hands frequently during the event
- There will be standard AX Tech at this event so please leave your hood open and helmet ready for inspection
- We will provide water
- Pre-registration is required. There will be a $10 late fee for any late registrations
- There are a limited supply of loaner helmets which will be single use. If you have a helmet please bring it.
- We will be running with classes and numbers
We take the health and safety of both our staff and our attendees very seriously! Please, if you are unable or unwilling to follow these event guidelines, we ask that you do not sign up to participate.
Our web site, THSCC.COM that will be very helpful at getting you ready for this event. Select the “autocross” tab to find everything that you need to know for an autocross event such as what to do, which class you should sign up for, and directions to the site. You will find classes and numbers that you can print by selecting “forms”. Novices only need to print the “NOV” class, not the actual car's class. Remember to bring tape to post your class and number on the side of your car. A mandatory instructional Novice walk is requrired; see the event schedule below.. Please have your car ready and be there on time. The Novice guide and checklist will help you prepare for a fun day of autocross.
Check out some videos of the previous events to get an idea what this event will be all about:
If you have never autocrossed before, please check out the video below.
Registration closes at 11:59pm on September 21st.
Late Registration: $50
Late registration is until 9:30am on the day of the event. Late registrants must check in with the Registrar when they get on site.
We encourage you to prepay online through the secure MotorsportReg website. Payment is deferred and accounts will not be charged until registration closes, so if you register and find out that you can't make it please cancel your registration prior to registration closing and you will not get charged.
|Gates Open||7:30 AM|
|Registration Check-In||8:00 - 8:45 AM|
|Tech Inspection||8:00 - 9:00 AM|
|Novice Walk||8:45 AM|
|Drivers' Meeting||9:30 AM|
|First Car Off||10:00 AM|
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com .
Your car should be tech'd BEFORE the drivers meeting. To pass tech, you must:
- Clean out any loose items in the car, this includes cell phones cables, garage door openers, loose change and such.
- The battery has to be properly secured.
- If your floor mats are not physically attached to carpet, they will have to be removed. We don’t want the floor mat to bunch up under the brake or gas.
- Hubcaps and center caps on wheels should be removed. If your hubcaps mount to the wheel and are held in place by the lug nuts, then they can stay on, otherwise they should be removed.
- Have a SNELL approved helmet, 2010 or newer (M-rated or SA-rated). We do not accept DOT-only approved helmets any longer.
It is your responsibility to:
- Check basic fluids such as oil, coolant, and brake.
- Make sure you torque the lug nuts to manufacturer's recommended tightness.
- Make sure you have no active leaks on the motor, transmission or diff. Oil on the track is a bad thing.
- Check tire pressure. If you don’t know what to set it to, ask ASAP.
- You WILL experience greater than normal tire wear. Your tires MUST be serviceable, meaning they have appropriate tread, no chords showing, etc.
In addition, TO ANYONE ATTENDING THEIR FIRST AUTOCROSS:
- In regards to displaying your class and numbers, please keep in mind that you should use tape or printed letters and numbers that contrast to your car's color, i.e. no blue tape on blue cars.