About this event
Notice to Participants: In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures are being developed and will be put into place for events going forward.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.
While on site please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice physical distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
Tarheel Sport Car Club will hold Autocross Event #3 at Southern National Motorsports Park on Sunday, June 20th. This will be a points event. Registrations will be limited by then current COVID-19 restrictions and we continue to adhere to our COVID-19 procedures.
THSCC EVENT REQUIREMENTS:
- These rules will be enforced and we will be re-stating them frequently during the event. If you feel you cannot comply, please do not sign up for the event.
- Social Distancing of 6 feet will be enforced. Participants, please remind others that may forget this during the event.
- Please wash/sanitize your hands frequently during the event
- Please park 6 feet from the next car
- There will be standard AX Tech at this event so please leave your hood open and helmet ready for inspection
- Participants to bring their own water and/or drinks. We will not be providing drinks.
- Pre-registration is required. No walk-ups
- There are a limited supply of loaner helmets which will be single use. If you have a helmet please bring it
- Novices allowed - We will be doing both RRI (Remote Radio Instruction) and In car instruction for novices and instructors who have been fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- We will be running with classes and numbers
We take the health and safety of both our staff and our attendees very seriously! Please, if you are unable or unwilling to follow these event guidelines, we ask that you do not sign up to participate.
Southern National Motorsports Park (SNMP) is a new venue for us. It is a short oval track and we will be utilizing both the paved infield and portions of the oval track. There are on site restroom facilities at this site
We have a web site, THSCC.COM that will be very helpful at getting you ready for this event. Select the “autocross” tab to find everything that you need to know for an autocross event such as what to do, which class you should sign up for, and directions to the site. You will find classes and numbers that you can print by selecting “forms”. Novices only need to print the “NOV” class, not the actual car's class. Remember to bring tape to post your class and number on the side of your car. A mandatory instructional Novice walk will start promptly at 8:45 AM. Please have your car ready and be there on time. The Novice guide and checklist will help you prepare for a fun day of autocross.
If you have never been to an autocross or are new to THSCC, here's a video that will be helpful.
Registration closes at midnight on June 19th.
Please contact us if you are registered but unable to attend. Due to COVID-19, we will not be charging no-shows as we would prefer everyone be safe and stay home if not feeling well.
All registrations will be conducted on the secure MotorsportReg.com website. Payment is deferred and accounts will not be charged until registration closes, so if you register and find out that you can't make it please cancel your registration prior to registration closing and you will not get charged.
If you would like to redeem an event voucher (i.e. Season Passes or Event Passes) please register normally online and then email the registrar firstname.lastname@example.org and your registration will be modified accordingly.
All Cars will be tech'd
8:00 - 9:15AM
First Car Off
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com .
Your car should be tech'd BEFORE the drivers meeting. To pass tech, you must:
- Clean out any loose items in the car, this includes cell phones cables, garage door openers, loose change and such.
- The battery has to be properly secured.
- If your floor mats are not physically attached to carpet, they will have to be removed. We don’t want the floor mat to bunch up under the brake or gas.
- Hubcaps and center caps on wheels should be removed. If your hubcaps mount to the wheel and are held in place by the lug nuts, then they can stay on, otherwise they should be removed.
- Have a SNELL approved helmet, 2005 or newer (M-rated or SA-rated). We do not accept DOT-only approved helmets any longer.
It is your responsibility to:
- Check basic fluids such as oil, coolant, and brake.
- Make sure you torque the lug nuts to manufacturer's recommended tightness.
- Make sure you have no active leaks on the motor, transmission or diff. Oil on the track is a bad thing.
- Check tire pressure. If you don’t know what to set it to, ask ASAP.
- You WILL experience greater than normal tire wear. Your tires MUST be serviceable, meaning they have appropriate tread, no chords showing, etc.
In addition, A REMINDER TO NOVICE COMPETITORS :
- In regards to displaying your class and numbers, please keep in mind that you should use tape or printed letters and numbers that contrast to your car's color, i.e. no blue tape on blue cars.