About this event
New York Safety Track JUNE 30, 2022
High Performance Driver Education Event
All Experience Levels Are Welcome
$50 Early Registration Discount until 5/30/22
Join us for SCDA's High Performance Driver Education event for new and experienced drivers at NYST on Thursday, JUNE 30th
- 4-5 Sessions on Track
- Open to drivers of ALL skill levels
- Professional Classroom Sessions
- Rental Spec Miatas are available for this event
- Early-Bird Special: Save $50 by registering before May 30th
- NYST full day entry fee is $399 after 5/30/22
- Novice entry fee is $599 and includes In car Instruction, Virtual and In-Person Classroom, Instructor for Lead-Shadow upon request
- Sign up with confidence- Covid 19 cancellation policy.
RUN GROUPS AVAILABLE on Thursday, JUNE 30:
- NOVICE: The Green Group. (Newer track drivers with no experience to limited experience, typically novice drivers spend about 5 events in the novice group. Instructors are required and will be provided for In car instruction. If desired or uncomfortable with in-car instruction depending on COVID-19, lead shadow w/ radio communication is available )
- INTERMEDIATE 1: The Blue Run Group. (Must have prior experience driving solo without an instructor, at least 5 events driving solo)
- INTERMEDIATE 2: The White Run Group. (Must have considerable road course experience and at least 20 track events)
- ADVANCED: The Red Run Group. (Highest level- years of track experience)
Run Group Criteria:
See the comprehensive Run Group Criteria here. If you are unsure which group is the best fit, please email after registering.
New York Safety Track event entry fees are $399 retail for a single day
*Pay only $349 if you register before May 30th
SCDA NYST NOVICE driver entry fees are $599 retail for a single day
*Pay only $549 if you register before May 30th
- Download the NYST Full Day Schedule for: 6/30
- Click Here for track information on the NYST facility
Please CONTINUE to Register:
The Sports Car Driving Association welcomes all driving enthusiasts to attend our events. In the interest of clarification, we would like to outline the basic criteria that should be met, in order to place you in the appropriate run group. We make every effort to ensure that drivers are placed in run groups with other drivers of comparable experience levels. This will ensure that run groups are balanced, safe and fun. This guideline is meant to serve as a tool to help you decide where you would fit in best within SCDA.
Sound Limit at this event:
Please make sure your car meets the sound requirement as it is at the track's discretion to remove you from the event if you are over the sound limit. We cannot issue any refunds or credits.
Helmets with a SNELL SA-2015 rating or higher is REQUIRED for all SCDA Events
Helmets with an M-rating are not Acceptable. Motorcycle helmets do not have the proper safety requirements for car use, specifically a rollbar multi-impact test.
Helmets MUST have one of these two labels on the inside.
Helmets may be available to rent for $50 upon request, limited sizes and rentals are available, PLEASE CHECK FIRST. If you are not able to get one prior to event, email us approximate size and we will add a helmet to your entry and charge $50 to card on file.
For safety reasons, all convertibles (Boxster, Miata, Corvette, BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Pontiac Solstice etc.) are required to have a roll bar that meets the following two criteria in order to be eligible to run during any event. 1) The roll bar must be in the fixed position and visible at all times. This means that roll bars which are designed to automatically deploy are not acceptable unless they are in the full upright and locked position at all times. 2) The roll bar must allow the driver to pass the “broomstick” test which means that the top of the drivers helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar to the top of the windshield. There are aftermarket roll bars and/or seats which can be used to help meet these requirements. If your convertible meets these standards, then you are welcome to participate! Factory hard tops are acceptable at most tracks, as well.
TECH INSPECTION FORM:
Self Tech. A dealer or certified mechanic is recommended. Please review the tech form.