About this event
We will be holding this event at Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science & Technology, Public Safety Training Area (CPI)
CPI has indoor plumbing and other close amenities.
Every competitor MUST attend our online driver's meeting and read information on our website:
Event Caps and Walk-up Policy
- CPI Cap - 50 Competitors
- If online registration hits cap there will be no walk-ups, in the event online registration does not hit the cap walk-ups are on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be turned away once the cap is reached.
- New for 2024 is a $5 Walk-Up Registration Fee. This fee is waived for first-time non-SCCA-members, let us know if it's your first Autocross Event. This does not apply to cash payments if you registered online.
Autocross is a timed event that pits a driver's skill and a car's handling ability against the clock. A course is laid out using pylons (traffic cones) and the goal is to travel from the starting line to the finish in the lowest amount of time. A time penalty is incurred when cones are hit, so precision and control are very important. "Autocross" and "Solo" are used interchangeably - "Solo" is the SCCA's specific brand of autocross.
Autocross is one of the cheapest, safest and easiest motorsports to participate in. Our fees (listed below) are low, and no special safety gear (such as roll bars, fire suits, etc.) is required except a helmet (and the Central PA Region has free loaner helmets available). Although a wide range of vehicles (from go-karts to purpose-built open wheel cars) compete in autocross, almost any production car is also welcome. Cars only compete against other, similar cars depending on its original performance and modifications. Cars are never near each other on the course and the speeds are relatively low.
If you're interested, come out and watch or participate!
Solo Event Information
- Please read our Competition Rules and Site Regulations
- Event locations
- Set-up begins at 7:00 AM
- Registration: 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
- Tech: 8:05 AM - 9:35
- Mandatory Driver's Meeting is at 9:40 AM
- First car off at 10:00 AM
- Cost is $40 for SCCA members and $60 for non-members per day. Members MUST have their card present for discount. ALL competitors MUST have their driver's license to participate.
- Solo Supplemental Rules - Official Regional Amendments to the SCCA Solo Rulebook
Competitors may cancel their registration until the day before the event and receive a credit good for any future Solo event with this club.
Items that a competitor will be charged for if they hit/damage them.
- Timing Equipment
- Up to $750 – this is a maximum.
Minor presence/participation at events
- All competitors or passengers under the age of 18 must have a minor waiver signed by both parents or legal guardians.
- All guests staying exclusively in the spectator area, under the age of 18 must have a minor waiver signed by at least one parent or legal guardian.
- If unsure, please read Section 4.13 from the Solo Rulebook. The waiver should be signed in the presence of an SCCA member. If the parents or guardians are unable to attend the event to sign the waiver, please contact one of the officers to make arrangements to have the waiver signed before the event.