San Diego SCCA Autocross Oct. 16-17, 2021Lake Elsinore Storm Stadium
About this event
SAN DIEGO SCCA AUTOCROSS
LAKE ELSINORE STORM STADIUM
SATURDAY PRACTICE -OCTOBER 16, 2021
SUNDAY RACE DAY / PRACTICE- OCTOBER 17, 2021
OVERNIGHT RV PARKING & CAMPING IS NOT ALLOWED AT LAKE ELSINORE STORM STADIUM
RUN/WORK GROUPS: Will be determined and announced on Thursday prior to the event.
PRACTICE FORMAT: Limited to 120 entries; maximum 4 run/work groups of 30 each; 10 runs per car expected.
ENTRY FEE: $75.00
RACE DAY / PRACTICE FORMAT: No limit on entries, Extra Runs may be limited to balance work/run groups.
CHAMP ENTRY FEE: $50.00 (4 Runs) EXTRA RUN FEE: $25.00 (4 Runs)
TIME ONLY ENTRY FEE: $75.00 (8 Runs)
We reserve the right to lengthen and or change run/work groups on event day as needed.
7:00 AM TECH & REGISTRATION OPEN
8:20 AM - NOVICE COURSE WALK
8:25 AM - COURSE CLOSED FOR WALKING
8:30 AM - TECH AND REGISTRATION CLOSE - NO LATE ENTRIES
8:45 AM - DRIVERS MEETING
9:00 AM - FIRST CAR OUT
CHAIRPERSON SATURDAY: EDWIN LIU
CHAIRPERSON SUNDAY: GARY CAMERON
SAFETY STEWARD: MARK MERVICH
CHIEF OF WAIVERS:RIC SENIOR
CHIEF OF REGISTRATION: ROBBIE ROBINSON
Held under Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) National Solo Rules and San Diego SCCA Supplementary Competiton Rules
Car Numbers and Class Letters Required!
- Numbers must be a minimum or 8” high.
- Class letters must be a minimum of 4” high.
- Numbers and letters must be a color that contrasts with your car.
For help classing your car, click SCCA.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules
This is a work/run event.
San Diego SCCA welcomes new participants to the sport! To help you get acclimated, a Novice Coordinator will be there to answer questions and help familiarize you with the course and procedures. Everyone shares in the work as well as the fun. It is important that you show up to work on time and complete your work assignment. For more information to help you get started, check out our FAQs@ www.sdrscca.com/
SAN DIEGO SCCA COVID-19 SUPPLEMENTAL SAFETY REGULATIONS APPLY
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY INCLUDING COVID REGS
SDR SCCA COVID-19 Supplementary Safety Regulations
In light of the continuing COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. Processes and procedures are being continually updated and developed for events going forward.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.Participants are required to bring their own personal protective equipment (PPE), including face coverings, hand sanitizer and disinfectant. Your safety needs to be your first priority as always.
This is the preface to SCCA’s National Guidelines which you should also review in full. https://www.scca.com/coronavirus
Please keep in mind:
1. Some of our members are in high-risk categories. Others may have at-risk family members at home. Do your best to keep them safe.
2. Respect your fellow members. Your opinions about current guidelines are not shared by everyone. Show respect for your friends with your behavior.
3. The virus is not the only risk to our events. Government officials have the power to end current and future events, including potential monitoring by law enforcement and the health department. Our venues can also shut down our events if they perceive that we are not behaving appropriately. So, behave as if your day of racing, and everyone else’s, depends on it – because it does. Non-compliance with safety guidelines may result in your removal from the event.
Must be 18 or have waiver signed by both parents on site or notarized
Competitors and passengers under 18 years old MUST have a waiver signed by BOTH parents; waiver forms are available online here: (you must print in color)
- SCCA Official Witness Signature Required Version (an SCCA Official can act as witness to BOTH parents signatures...can be completed with both parents present at gate)
- CA Notary Required (A CA Notary's signature is required and both parents are not required to attend the event)
- Note: If the minor is a spectator and not participating in the event, only 1 parent's signature is required.
All drivers MUST be members of Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). Weekend SCCA memberships available for $15.
You must have a SOLO Region Number/Card. Weekend SOLO Region Cards are $5.
Vehicles must pass safety inspection, helmet (Snell 2005 or newer), loaner helmets available on site, closed toe shoes (no sandals or flip-flops). No gas cans or fueling in grid.
A maximum limit of 96.0 dBA @ 50' will be enforced for all participants.
All drivers are required to work during their assigned work group.
CLASSING YOUR CAR
You must identify the class your car will be competing in for the Champ day event. Classes are based off your car and its modifications. Click here to view the SCCA rule book to determine what class your car should be in. If you need help click here and create a new post on the forum.
NOTE: If you have a valid SCCA membership but the system indicates it is not valid, be sure your name in this system is exactly as it is on your SCCA card.
A passenger is allowed provided he/she: 1. is no younger than twelve (12) years old or is at least 57” tall; 2. is in a vehicle which has passed safety (tech) inspection (Section 3.3.3); 2019 and a properly fitted helmet; 4. has completed and signed the required participant waiver(s), including parents/guardians as appropriate (Section 4.13)..SCCA® National Solo® Rules — 25 1. Solo Events 3. is wearing a properly fitted seat belt
For more information, please visit our website: www.sdrscca.com
Consumption of INTOXICANTS by participants & spectators is STRICTLY PROHIBITED