About this event
Autocross consists of navigating your car faster than your competition through a course delineated by soft orange traffic cones which will not damage your car. Events are run at speeds typically between 25-60 MPH, usually in 2nd gear. Autocross is a performance driving event and a safe way to learn how to drive your car at its limit. You not only learn how to handle your car at speeds that you drive daily, but you also:
- Gain confidence in your driving ability
- Learn the limits of your car's brakes
- Learn correct seating, hand, and feet positions for optimum car control
- Learn the limits of your car's tire adhesion
Note, too, that Autocross is a social gathering of new and old friends and LOTS OF FUN!
Entry Details (all makes and models welcome)
- Entry Fee:
- PCA Member Pre-registration Entry fee: $55
- Non-PCA Member Pre-registration Entry fee: $65
- For those who are interested in autocross, but unsure if they want to try it (or just plain curious), we offer a "Taste of Autocross." For $5, you will have the opportunity to ride with our instructors for several runs and experience the thrill!
- MSR Registration will be capped at 65 drivers. If the cap is met after registration, you will be waitlisted and may be eligible to attend if entries become available.
- There are no walk-ups available for this event.
- Online payment is required for pre-registration.
Schedule: This is a rough schedule for the day of the event:
0700: The venue opens to participants
0730: Registration / Check-In opens
0745: Tech opens
0830: Course opens for walking
0850: Registration / Tech closes
0900 - 0910: Driver meeting
0910 - 0920: Novice course walk
0930: First car off
1430 (approx): Event complete
Prior to registering, please review the details below to help you finish the registration process.
- SCCA classes for non-Porsches: Rules and classes can be found here:
- Chesapeake PCA Autocross Rules
- Car classing: During registration, you will select "Non-Porsche (using SCCA classing)" as your Class first before selecting your SCCA class in the "Modifier" field.
- SCCA Classes: SCCA 2023 Solo Rule Bookv1 (Car classes begin on p. 180 or thereabouts.)
- Porsche classes:
- There are four categories - Showroom stock (S), Production (P), Improved (I), and Modified (M)
- Classing information for Porsches is contained in the CHS PCA AX rules found on the Club website:
Participants must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license, but our JPP (Junior Participation Program) allows any 16-18 year old child/grandchild of an active (in good standing) PCA member to participate in autocross events providing they have a valid license (this means their license allows them to drive on the street by themselves). The parent or grandparent has to be present at the autocross and must complete a "Parental Consent, Release, and Waiver of Liability" form. The minor participant must complete a "Minor's Assumption of Risk Acknowledgement" form.
All participants must complete a “Waiver and Release of Liability" form (signed on site if spectating and not attending, Speedwaiver signatures are accepted for registrants). Copies of these forms can be found below:
- Parental Consent, Release and Waiver of Liability form
- Minor's Assumption of Risk Acknowledgement form
Each driver must wear an "M" or "SA" rated helmet carrying a 2010 or later Snell Memorial Foundation approval sticker. For those purchasing a new helmet, an "SA" rated helmet is strongly recommended, but an "M" rated helmet is acceptable. Limited loaner helmets and head socks will be available.