About this event
This event will cater to new autocrossers or autocrossers with less experience/skill level who want to improve. Attendance will be limited initially to students with 10 events experience or less and then opened to those with less/experience skill levels. There will be instructors on hand to providing coaching.
- In the morning, there will be a driver's meeting, then the novice group will split to do a session on an overview of autocross, work assignments, safety, and tech inspections. The group will be split into two run groups, A and B. The grid spot you are assigned will be yours the entire day.
- " A" group will run the course learning from their Instructor regarding the "elements" of the course while "B" group will work the course. Then the groups will switch and run until Lunch.
- There will be a small lunch break (provided by the club) and the instructors have time to run their cars and may provide instruction.
- After lunch there will be two course walk groups depending on level. The novice group again focusing on how to navigate the course and vision to string elements together. The experienced groups, an overview of course walk strategy from the instructors.
- Additional course runs in the afternoon sessions with a different instructor from the morning.
PASR Novice School Schedule
6:00 am Gates open for Setup, Waiver, SSS, etc.
6:30 am Gates open for Drivers and Registered Guests
Registration & Tech are Open
7:00 am 5-minute meeting at the timing Tent for Novices to discuss course walk schedule
7:05 am Group A (1st half of Group walk course with an instructor)
7:10 am Group A (2nd half of Group walk course with an instructor)
7:20 am Group B (1st half of Group walk course with an instructor)
7:40 am Group B (2nd half of Group walk course with an instructor)
8:00 am Driver and Instructor Meeting
8:15 am Drivers and Instructors to cars and workers to their stations.
8:30 am First car off..
8:30 – 10:00 am Group A Instruction, Group B work
10:15 – 11:45 am Group B Instruction. Group A work
11:45 – 1:00 pm Lunch, Instructor runs, Driver/Instructor switch for afternoon sessions.
1:00 – 2:00 pm Group A Instruction, Group B work
2:00 – 3:00 pm Group B Instruction. Group A work
3:10 – 3:15 pm Novice School wrap-up meeting.
Event requirements for registration:
- $25 registration fee.
- Only 50 Pre-Registered drivers are able to attend, no walk up registration.
- PASR members have priority registration for first 48 hours.
- Loaner helmets will be available for use, first come first served.
- Please sign Speedwaiver using link in online receipt and show confirmation Speedwaiver is signed at waiver station.
- The intent of this school is to provide instruction to people that are relatively new to the sport of autocross. The school will be initially limited to people with 10 or less events of autocross experience. The region also recognizes the desire for more experienced drivers who still want to improve their skills as well and we would like to accommodate as many of those people as well once the less experienced people are accommodated. To support anyone who would desire one on one instruction provided by an experienced local autoxer should feel free to sign up but please be aware that entrants with 10 events or less will be accommodated first, on a first come first serve basis. This means you may initially be given an entry spot only to be later moved to the wait list if you don’t meet the 10 event or less eligibility requirement. Additionally, even if you have 10 events or less of experience you may initially be placed on wait list but we will do our best to accommodate as many of you as possible. We ask everyone to be respectful to the intent of this school (i.e. it is not intended to be a test and tune as everyone will be assigned an instructor) and also be flexible with us as we deal with unforeseen situations.