About this event
An oasis away from the city.
As a premiere Motorsports entertainment complex with two road courses, the 2.25 mile Thunderbolt offers a unique track experience to enjoy your vechile on.
2+ hours on track for all run groups!
North East Track Club Membership Included
Red- Advanced drivers with 15+ track days or similar experience
Blue- Intermediate drivers with 5-15 track days
Green- Beginner drivers just starting out with less than 3 track days.
Track Length: 2.25 miles
Raffles from our sponsors!
NJMP VIP Suites and Garages are available here
HotLap TakeOver Challenge (optional) Brought to you by Proteon Aero
- Download the HotLap.io app and join the S2K TakeOver
- Select your class
- Time your sessions and see where you stack up
- Prizes at the end of the day for top time per class
- End of season points prize per class from StopTech and Stable Energies
- Get Bluetooth GPS Receiver Dual Electronics XGPS160 or similar to improve lap time signal (optional)
S2000 Sponsors & Driver Contingency to end of 2020 season
- StopTech TakeOver pricing through Stable Energies
- El Gato Engineering Services Discount
- Stable Energies Driver Support Program: 10% off for all registered TakeOver drivers for the 2020 season!
- Other sponsor discounts vary
There will be a mandatory drivers meeting immediately following your tech inspection.
- The Drivers Meeting will be followed by an additional instructional meeting for the GREEN Group
- Catered Lunch will be included. Lunch is 1 hour long followed with a group photo session on track.
- Our NEDC / NETC Media team will be on hand all day to capture the fun we will be having
- This event will be RAIN OR SHINE. The show must go on!
- Drivers must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.
- Helmets are mandatory and must be: RATED SNELL M or SA 2015/2020
- NJMP offers helmet rentals on a first come basis at their gift shop across from the garage at Thunderbolt. They charge $25 for the day.
- CONVERTIBLES with roll hoops or roll bars MUST pass the "BROOMSTICK TEST". At the time of your tech inspection, a broomstick is placed on the top of the windshield continuing toward the top of the hoop/bar behind the drivers seat. The top of the drivers helmet must be below the broomstick.
-Removable Hardtops do not constitute rollover protection and such vehicles are not permitted.
-Drivers will be required to get their cars inspected and tech form filled out PRIOR to March 22nd by a certified mechanic shop of their choice and hand it in during check-in on track day.
- During check-in we will do another safety check to ensure your car meets all safety requirements mandated by NJMP before you are allowed to drive on the track.
- PASSENGERS ARE NOT ALLOWED to ride with drivers. The only exception is ONLY if the driver is a certified instructor.
- Only 5 and 6 point harnesses and factory seat belts are allowed.
- Each group will have an assigned leader to help answer any of your questions throughout the day.
- If you would like to park inside the garage. There will be an additional charge and spaces are limited to only 22 cars
Tech inspections safety inspection sheet
DOWN LOAD TECH SHEET HERE:
Snell 2015 or newer helmet required for drivers
ALL vehicles must pass tech to be on track
No passengers aloud
HotLap participation is voluntary and will have live timing and technical support at events (optional)
Event is Rain or Shine