About this event
Just from its name, you know that this PCA Chesapeake tour is going to be very unusual. For one thing, it will be both a driving escapade and a destination event. And it will feature not just one but two distinct destinations. The first is the deactivated BA-79 Nike Missile Base in Granite, MD. The second is the joint Linganore Winecellars/Red Shedman Brewery.
Limited to 30 Porsches, this tour is certain to sell out quickly, as it did last year, so sign up ASAP. The registration window will open at 1 PM on May 13 and close at 1 PM on May 28. Three editions of the tour will be offered on the same day, with staggered start times, for Groups 1, 2 and 3. Each group will be made up of no more than 10 cars and will be offered a 45-minute guided tour of the Cold War era base that once held anti-aircraft nuclear missiles.
This Tour & Rally Committee event will conclude with a picnic lunch at Linganore. In between, there will be delightful country roads for us to enjoy in our Porsches. This extravaganza is the brainchild of guest tour master and PCA Chesapeake President Ron Farb.
GATHERING PLACE and SCHEDULE
- Where: The Ellicott City address will be sent to confirmed registrants via e-mail by June 4.
- When: June 5, Sunday. Group 1 - 8:15 AM; Group 2 – 9:00 AM; Group 3 – 9:45 AM
- Drivers’ meeting: Group 1 - 8:30 AM; Group 2 – 9:15 AM; Group 3 – 10:00 AM
- Departure: Group 1 – 8:45 AM; Group 2 - 9:30 AM; Group 3 – 10:15 AM
- Restroom stop: Group 1 – 10:35 AM; Group 2 – 11:20 AM; Group 3 – 12:05 PM
- ETA at Linganore Winecellars: Group 1 – 12:00 PM; Group 2 – 12:45 PM; Group 3 – 1:30 PM
- Picnic on the lawn: Bring your own lunch or buy from a food truck or the snack bar. Everyone is encouraged to bring a picnic blanket and folding chairs since we might not be able to secure more than one or two picnic tables.
- Sign up here between 1 PM on May 13 through 1 PM on May 28. Priority will be given to PCA Chesapeake members.
- Select one of 3 editions of the tour, corresponding to Groups 1, 2 and 3, with three staggered start times. Run groups will not be available to select if the limit has been met. After all 3 editions are sold out, a waiting list will be generated for the 3rd edition. The size of the waiting list will help determine whether more editions of the tour will be held later in the year.
- There will be a $5 registration fee for each adult. No fee for minors (17 and younger).
- Route instructions and other information will be sent to confirmed registrants via e-mail by June 4.
QUESTIONS: Please send questions to the Tour & Rally Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.