About this event
Autocross - Pre registration only. No walk-in's.
This year the team challenge is an end of season last chance to have some fun with your car. Traditionally teams were put together with the general idea of winning as many classes as possible within the team. Due to the way 2020 has rolled out, we are not complicating the event with the original rules. Everyone is welcome, with or without a costume. Teams can be put together or we can assign you to a team at the event. We are recognizing teams with "Best costumes", "Best Team Names", "car themes","Halloween spirit", etc.
Due to Covid-19, this event has the following limits complying with our Deven's management agreement:
- All participants must follow the current travel restrictions covered in this press release: https://www.mass.gov/news/baker-polito-administration-announces-updated-travel-guidelines-to-support-covid-19-response
- Masks are REQUIRED, no exceptions
- If you feel sick, you need to stay home. We have to deny entry to anyone showing symptoms. (event credit will be given if you let us know)
- SCCA members (Full SCCA memberships only)
- Drivers must be experienced autocrossers.
- Spectators or guests are not allowed. No passengers will be allowed in vehicles at any time.
- The drivers meeting is not required for drivers who have attended previous 2020 NER autocross events. Drivers who have not run with us this year will have an in person drivers meeting Sunday morning.
- Loaner helmets and instructors will not be available. Please bring your own helmet (Preferably with a 2019 tech sticker) Helmet Certification Allowances with Label Chart
- We will allow dual drivers, but they will run in different heats.
- You must be able to perform a supervised self tech on your own vehicle, which will include throttle return check, fluids check, wheel bearing check, etc.
- You must be able to stay for the full day.
- Significant social distancing measures will be taken while anyone eats onsite during your non working heat or lunch break.
- No trophy presentation at the end of the event.
- Participants are not permitted to arrive early, or wait at the gate, or on the street outside. Please do not arrive before 8:00 AM.
For health and safety:
- Masks are required when not in your vehicle. Course work: Masks required until you are at your course work position, and are greater than 25 feet from any other worker. Our rule: "Helmets off, Masks on"
- Please bring your own mask, and probably even a spare.
- You must agree to practice social distancing - 6 feet minimum.
- If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19, before or on the event morning, please cancel; You will be given a credit.
- Drivers showing symptoms of Covid-19 at the event will be asked to leave
- Hand sanitizer will be available
- Port-a-potties will be sanitized before the event and periodically touch points will be sanitized during the event.
- The state is requiring us to implement full contact tracing, your name, email address and phone number need to be accurate in your motorsportsreg profile. It will be provided to the state after the event.
Please bring your own pen for the waiver, worker check-in, etc.
“Or even better - complete an annual waiver and upload it to your SCCA account. Adult annual waiver form
Location: Devens Airfield, Ayer Ma. (Entrance at 90 Fitchburg Rd. Ayer, Ma)
- Gates Open: 8:00 AM
- Driver Check in: 8:00 - 9:00 AM
- Tech Inspection: 8:15 - 9:15 AM
- Course Walks: 8:30 - 9:30 AM
- First Car Off: 10:00 AM
For sanitization requirements all 6 runs will be done in 1 heat. We will have 2 heats for the day. You will work 1 heat, drive 1 heat and have a break for lunch.
We expect each heat to take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete. Please bring enough water, sun protection, etc to be able to work a 2 hour heat.
SCCA rules, classing & helmet requirements Appendix A has car classes. The 'Quick reference' sheet section lists modifications that determine category of car classes.
"Xtreme street" supplemental SCCA class is available Rules here
Vehicle Eligibility: No Jeeps, pickups, trucks, SUV's or Shifter karts.
Region Rule Information (Note: The Sound Limit at Devens is 90db measured at 75 feet.)
Member class numbers Please do not use a member class number from this list. Members: If you add your car class # here, if someone registers as your class #, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have it reassigned.
License: A driver's license valid in the U.S. is required
Helmets: ECE, Snell M/SA 2005 or newer rated helmets.
Cost: SCCA member $40
Payment: You will not be charged until you are confirmed and registration closes. You have until registration closes Wednesday Jul 8 to cancel without being charged.
Refund policy: No refunds. A credit for a future autocross event will be given if you cancel before the day of the event.
Registering with our club in motorsportsreg.com: Set up an account. Go to "My account" in the dashboard. Select the helmet icon next to your name, Select "Add club membership", choose "SCCA New England Region - Solo".