NEPA SCCA 2023 Solo Event #9Pocono Raceway
About this event
NEPA SCCA Pocono Solo Event #9
Pocono Event Schedule
- 7:00am to 8:30am: Course/Equipment Setup (Assistance for course/equipment setup is always welcome)
- 8:00am to 9:00am: Registration/check-in (CHECK-IN IS MANDATORY), Tech Inspection, and Course Walks
- SCCA Solo Tech Sheet Fill this out prior to event to save time and minimize contact during tech inspection.
- Competitor must be in line for registration by 9am. Registration after 9am is at the discretion of the Event Chairman. Late fee will apply if approved.
- 9:20am: Novice Course Walk with Novice Chief
- 9:40am: REQUIRED Driver's Meeting (All drivers must attend!)
- 10:00am: The first car off the line!
- 7:00pm - All participants and staff need to head for the gate.
Event Entry Prices/Info:
- SCCA Annual Member Standard Entry Fee: $75
- Non-SCCA Annual Member: Standard Entry Fee + $15
- Entries will be capped at 150 maximum.
- There will be no walk-up registration for this event. This registration form is the only way to gain access to this event.
- As stated in our refund policy, there will be no refunds of any kind for this event. Please refrain from personally emailing event staff regarding refunds if you can't make it. Being that we are all friends, we already feel bad enough that you possibly can't join us for the event. Don't make one of us be the bad guy and sadly remind you that this is a no refund event. The policy is the same for everyone and ensures that we can continue to have big expensive events like this in the future.
Event Lead: Chris Haydu
NEPA SCCA runs all SCCA Solo National classes in both Open and Ladies classes. We also provide a Novice class for first timers or those with very little experience in auto-x
Competitors are responsible for determining the correct class their vehicle is eligible to compete in. Class and competition rules can be found in the current SCCA Solo Rule book found here.
- Helmets are required for all solo participants (drivers and passengers).
- Helmets must meet the SCCA requirements which can be found here.
- NEPASCCA will not have loaner helmets for this event.
- Passengers are allowed at NEPASCCA Solo events.
- Passenger must be at least 16yo and can prove so with an ID.
- Passengers are discouraged from using these ride-alongs to help them learn the course (unless the passenger is a novice).
- Event chairs have the right to prevent passengers or DNF a driver if "unfair advantage" is determined.
At 4pm we will end normal competition Solo runs and remove all cones from the course. From 4pm to 6pm we will offer TrackSprint laps at $15 (cash only) for two laps to competitors who participated in the Solo event for the day. All TrackSprint lap participants must adhere to the rules and safety equipment levels as outlined here. Please pay close attention to the convertible restrictions the safety requirements regarding them. Laps will be timed, but not recorded as competition runs. This is for fun only.
If you anticipate participating in the TrackSprint laps, please fill out a Time Trials Tech Sheet. This will be required in addition to you Solo Tech sheet from the Solo event prior to this.
Pocono Specific Rules/Supplementals to Remember
- Each competitor will be given at least 3 runs per day for their entry fee.
- The course is very long and the site is very big. Be mindful of the event schedule and how long it might take you to get through the gate in the morning or from one end of the facility to the other.
- Shifter carts are permitted at Pocono but the driver must be 18 years old.
- We will not be breaking for lunch or in between heats for worker changeovers. Everyone will have one "off" heat, during the morning and afternoon sessions.
- You will have a work assignment for at least one heat per day over the weekend. Be early for your work assignment. Late arrivals and no-shows can be disqualified from the event. Worker changes will be done "hot". Make sure you check in with the Chief of Workers before heading to your work assignment.
- All vehicles must pass tech inspection to compete.
- There are no special fees for guests coming into the track. You will be required to sign Pocono's waiver sheet on your way in as well as NEPA's waiver sheet for registered racers and passengers, NEPA wristbands will be provided and must be worn for signed registrants and passengers.
- Children are allowed anywhere on the site except during active competition, children should not be in the course area or in grid without specific permission from the event chair.
- Unlike some of our local events, car numbers and classes will be mandatory on both sides of the vehicles and are required to pass tech inspection.
- The track opens at 6am on Saturday and gets hard locked at 7pm Saturday. Trespassing after 7pm will be dealt with by track security.
- Although Pocono does have security at the track and the track will be locked Saturday night, NEPASCCA and Pocono are not responsible for any damage or lost valuables. The track is big and they can't watch everything, all of the time. The track will also be hosting other events on other portions of the facility on Saturday and Sunday which will bring in other random people that may pass by our pit areas during the day. We've never heard of a problem at this facility but obviously we need to make this statement.
- Parking or idling is not permitted on any of the access roads surrounding the infield road course. The roads must be left COMPLETELY open at all times for emergency vehicles. If you are parking in any of the grass areas off the access roads, please leave at least 10 feet of space between your vehicle and the road.
- There will be designated gravel parking areas for spectators and non-race vehicles.
Important NEPASCCA Rules/Supplementals to Remember
- As of the 2020 Solo season, all drivers, passengers, and participants in designated hot zones (grid, course, photographers, etc) will be required to be an SCCA member (annual, weekend, or trial). Annual memberships can be purchased online here. Weekend memberships, required for drivers without an SCCA Annual membership, can be purchased online during registration or onsite during walk-up registration. Trial memberships are free, and can be acquired onsite from an event official.
- Drones are not permitted at any NEPASCCA venues. Operation of a drove violates our agreement with all venue owners at this and is non-negotiable regardless of SCCA rules. Please leave them at home.
- NEPASCCA will monitor sound levels to ensure appropriate levels of noise are maintained during events. Cars exceeding a decibel rating of higher than 93db will receive a warning. Noise levels equal to or exceeding 96db will be required to modify exhaust systems to ensure compliance or cease competition runs. A "one-time" refund will be available if you can not make the necessary adjustments to quiet your car.
- Any driver whose car leaves the lot/course area during a competition run due to driving recklessly or outside of their limits will be asked to leave the event without refund.
- Jack Williams Tire stickers will be required on both sides of the vehicle as per our sponsor agreement for your car to be permitted on course. Both sticker types will be available at tech check-in.
- Year-end trophies, jackets, and awards are only provided to "Annual SCCA Members". Event trophies are provided to all outstanding competitors once the cones and equipment are cleaned up. Single day entries are not eligible for Regional trophies.
- Anyone under the age of 18 who wants to drive, passenger, work, or spectate needs to have a Minor Waiver filled out before or at the event. Parent or guardian signatures are required. The official SCCA Minor Waiver can be downloaded/printed from here.
Plan for a long day at the track and varying weather conditions (snacks, sunscreen, water, etc....). Bring your own tents and umbrellas if you need to stay out of the sun or rain. The timing trailer and event staff equipment tent is OFF LIMITS to non-event staff.
*Solo Chairs from other regions are eligible for free regular priced NEPA Solo events. Chairs should email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to take advantage of this benefit prior to registration.