NEPA SCCA 2023 Pocono Solo Test-n-TunePocono Raceway
About this event
NEPA SCCA Test-n-Tune
**IMPORTANT** PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING
This event is a test and tune event to prepare for the upcoming NEPA Solo season. This is not a points event. The event will be timed but only for testing purposes. Times will not be guaranteed for every run. In the event of issues with equipment, the event will not stop for timing issues. This event is for testing your car and our equipment so register with those expectations in mind. Re-runs will be given only in the event there is a course issue.
This event will run as two ~2.5hr sessions. Participants will be assigned a shortened work assignment (~30min) and run session upon check-in.
Course configuration will be on the South Course (go-kart portion) of the infield track.
Times and Run Info
- Gate opens at 10AM
- Check-in and session assignment prior to
- Course goes hot at 11PM and shuts down at 4PM
- A short work assignment will be required for each ticket purchased
- As this is a Test-n-Tune event. Times will be displayed but will not be recorded/posted.
- Cars MUST BE TECHED (self or on-site) before being allowed to run.
- SCCA Member Entry Tickets: $40 for 6 runs (3 ticket limit per entrant)
- SCCA Annual membership required for this event
- There will be no walk-up registration for this event. This registration form is the only way to gain access to this event.
- Registration will be capped at 75 Tickets sold
- This event will be weather dependent. If the event is cancelled/rescheduled refunds/credits will be applied where applicable.
Pocono Specific Rules/Supplementals to Remember
- There are no special fees for guests coming into the track. You will be required to sign Pocono's waiver sheet on your way in as well as NEPA's waiver sheet for registered racers and passengers, NEPA wristbands will be provided and must be worn for signed registrants and passengers.
- Children are allowed anywhere on the site except during active competition, children should not be in the course area or in grid without specific permission from the event chair.
- Unlike some of our local events, car numbers and classes will be mandatory on both sides of the vehicles and are required to pass tech inspection.
- Parking or idling is not permitted on any of the access roads surrounding the infield road course. The roads must be left COMPLETELY open at all times for emergency vehicles. If you are parking in any of the grass areas off the access roads, please leave at least 10 feet of space between your vehicle and the road.
- There will be designated gravel parking areas for spectators and non-race vehicles.
Important NEPASCCA Rules/Supplementals to Remember
- We will not be breaking for lunch or in between heats for worker changeovers. Everyone will have one "off" heat, during the morning and afternoon sessions.
- All vehicles must pass tech inspection to compete.
- Passengers are allowed at NEPASCCA Solo events. Passenger must be at least 16yo and can prove so with an ID. Passengers are discouraged from using these ride-alongs to help them learn the course (unless the passenger is a novice). Event chairs have the right to prevent passengers or DNF a driver if "unfair advantage" is determined. 16 and 17 year old passengers MUST have a minor waiver filled out and signed by a guardian before heading on course.
- Drones are not permitted at any NEPASCCA venues. Operation of a drove violates our agreement with all venue owners at this and is non-negotiable regardless of SCCA rules. Please leave them at home.
- NEPASCCA normally does not use a sound meter to check exhausts. Safety stewards and Event Chairs will decide if your car is too loud to run. A "one-time" refund will be available if you cannot make the necessary adjustments to quiet your car.
- Any driver whose car leaves the lot/course area during a competition run due to driving recklessly or outside of their limits will be asked to leave the event without refund.
- NEPASCCA has a few loaner helmets if you do not have one. Due to the high turnout, there may not be a helmet available for you; definitely not one for a passenger and you. We suggest that you do purchase your own..
- Year-end trophies, jackets, and awards are only provided to "Annual SCCA Members". Event trophies are provided to all outstanding competitors once the cones and equipment are cleaned up. Single day entries are not eligible for Regional trophies.
Anyone under the age of 18 who wants to drive, passenger, work, or spectate needs to have a Minor Waiver filled out before or at the event. Parent or guardian signatures are required. The official SCCA Minor Waiver can be downloaded/printed from here.