About this event
NEOHIO SCCA is holding a Solo Points Event at the City of Eastlake lot near the corner of Vine Street and SOM Center Road, across from Classic Park.
Due to the location of this venue, there is a possibility of noise complaints from the adjacent apartment complex. We want to be respectful and considerate of our neighbors. During tech and during the event all cars will be observed for sound limits, 100 decibels measured at approximately 75 feet. If you exceed the limit, you will be given a chance to resolve the issue. If the issue is not resolved, regretfully, we will not allow you to continue running.
Please, no open headers, and at the very least your car should have mufflers. If you think your car is at risk, do what you can to resolve it either before the event or come prepared to fix it in the paddock. Finding (and keeping) good pavement is no easy task; we don't want to jeopardize our relationship with the city. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. If it is determined that you cannot run, we will work with you on a credit towards another event.
|8:30AM||Check In & Tech opens|
|9:00AM||Course open for walking. There will be no guided course-walk.|
|10:00AM||Heat and Worker Assignments posted. There will be no in-person Driver's Meeting.|
|10:30AM||First car on course for Heat 1.|
|After final run, Heat 1||Break for lunch/sanitation, 60 minutes.|
|After lunch||First car on course for Heat 2.|
|After final run, Heat 2||Course breakdown, dismissal. There will be no awards ceremony. Results will be posted online.|
(includes weekend member fee)
- All participants must attend our "Virtual" Driver's Meeting by watching this video and reading our guidelines. THERE WILL BE NO IN-PERSON DRIVER'S MEETING.
- All participants need to bring their valid, state-issued driver's license to check-in/registration. SCCA members need to bring their membership card.
- Your car number and class must be displayed clearly on both sides of the vehicle.
- Event is held rain or shine, with exception to dangerous weather conditions such as thunderstorms or tornadoes. Dress appropriately.
- Visit our website for more information regarding Solo events, including tips on items to bring.
Neohio's COVID-19 Policy
“In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures are being developed and will be put into place for events going forward.
“Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.
“While on site please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.”
— SCCA National Office
This is the preface to SCCA’s National Guidelines, which you should review. The Neohio Board and Officers have been working to keep our members as safe as possible. We need your help to be successful. Please keep in mind:
- Some of our members are in high-risk categories. Others may have at-risk family members at home. Do your best to keep them safe.
- Respect your fellow members. Your opinions about current guidelines are not shared by everyone. Show respect for your friends by your behavior.
- The virus is not the only threat to our events. Government officials and news organizations have the power to end our season. In addition, our venues can also shut down our events if they observe that we are not behaving appropriately. Just like on a Florida beach, even a photo of people maintaining proper social distancing can look like Lollapalooza. Be cautious when sharing/posting event photos.
Additional Safety Guidelines for 2020
The following guidelines are our best attempt to secure your safety given what is known at this time. They are by no means comprehensive, and we cannot predict every circumstance; Therefore, we are counting on you to exercise your best judgment throughout the event.
- If you are sick or symptomatic, stay home. If you become sick before the event, you will not be charged if you do not attend. Contact the Solo Chair for a refund: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants are required to bring their own personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and disinfectant. Neohio will have a limited supply of PPE on hand for essential worker needs only.
- Observe all social distancing, sanitizing and handwashing guidelines. Permanent restrooms will be open and will have hand sanitizer available. When spacing is not possible, members should wear masks. Exceptions will be made for those with medical conditions and extenuating circumstances that prevent them from wearing a mask; in such a case, we ask that you practice a greater degree of social distancing.
- The Driver’s Meeting will be conducted via online video only.
- The timing and scoring trailer will be limited to a maximum of three people at any one time. You must wear a mask inside the trailer at all times.
- There will be no guided course walk. Drivers are encouraged to walk the course themselves as many times as they can while observing proper social distance.
- Physical contact is discouraged. Please refrain from shaking hands, high-fives and hugs, except with members of your household.
- Wristbands will be available for pickup at the trailer when you check in.
- There will be no points awarded, and no trophies given out this season. These are essentially “fun runs.” Results will be posted online after the event as usual. All participants will be afforded standard bragging rights while supplies last.
- Drivers will tech their own cars under the supervision of tech staff. When you are ready for inspection, open your hood and wait in your car for tech staff to arrive.
- Events are closed to spectators. This includes family members. Only registered drivers and volunteers will be allowed at the event.
- The loaner helmet program is suspended until further notice. Bring your own helmet.
- All equipment and work surfaces will be sanitized prior to each heat.
- All event waivers will be handled online or through a contactless app provided by MotorsportReg.com. More details to come soon.
- Ride-alongs and minors will not be allowed at this time, due to the need for separate waivers that won't be available digitally.
- Co-drivers are permitted, but at the discretion of both drivers. You are responsible for any disinfection within your car. Your car is your castle.
- Attendance has been capped at 40 participants. This is to ensure a grid that isn’t overcrowded.
- Registration has been split into three stages. Neohio Members will have access to registration first, followed by SCCA Members from other regions, followed by non-members. With the lack of low-risk activities available this summer, we are anticipating most if not all events to fill completely. This is one way we thought of to thank you for your support of the club.
If necessary, remind each other gently and respectfully to observe these guidelines. Anyone who continually or willfully violates these guidelines may be asked to leave by the Event Chair or Safety Steward. Thank you in advance for your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing all our friends back in action!