About this event
The Motorsports Supplies Inc group is Edmonton's Newest recreational lapping day experience, with a safe and welcoming environment for people with street and/ or track cars to come out and play. Our events offer noncompetitive high-speed lapping with coordinated (point-by) passing.
FORMAT: We use a rotating run group format. These run groups allow drivers with similar skill levels, and cars with similar expected speeds, to run together with minimal congestion. Rotating sessions will be 15 minutes in length. Participants should expect 1+ hours of scheduled track time at this event.
INSTRUCTION is available for novice drivers.
SCHEDULE: This is a EVENING event.
- Gates to the paddock open at 4:00 PM
- Mandatory drivers meeting at 4:50 PM
- Track hot from 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- No FOOD or liquid refreshments provided to attendees at this time. You must bring your own liquid refreshments.
RATES for this event:
- Fee per driver: $150.00+GST
- Instruction for novice drivers: IS NO CHARGE AT THIS TIME
VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- SAFE, TRACK-WORTHY VEHICLE INSPECTED IN ADVANCE OF THE EVENT. Please note the following:
- Trucks, SUV's, SAV's and other high center of gravity vehicles are NOT permitted.
- Convertibles, cabriolets, and open-top cars must have structural rollover protection ... if you do not know what this means, please contact us BEFORE registering. A partial list of convertibles with acceptable factory-provided roll bar protection.
As stipulated elsewhere on our website, all convertibles, cabriolets, and open-top vehicles must have rollover protection. Appropriate types of rollover protection include fixed roll bars, fixed roll cages, and roll bars that deploy automatically in the event of a collision or rollover. Removable hard tops are NOT considered structural and therefore NOT sufficient.
The following is a list of the vehicles that we understand to be equipped with suitable factory-installed rollover protection:
- Audi A4/S4
- Audi A5/S5
- Audi TT
- BMW 3 series including M3 (1999â€present)
- BMW 6 series including M6 (2003â€present)
- BMW Z3 if also equipped with factory-optional pop-up roll bars
- BMW Z4
- Chrysler Crossfire
- Dodge Viper
- Honda S2000
- Jaguar XK8/XKR, F-TYPE
- Lamborghini Murcielago
- Mazda Miata (3rd Generation only, 2006â€present)
- Mercedes C class, CLK, S Class, and SLK
- Mercedes SL – current models with pop-up roll bars only
- MINI 2009+
- Nissan 350/370Z roadster
- Porsche Boxster
- Porsche 996, 997, 991
- Saab 9-3 (2004 & later)
- Volvo C70
- VW New Beetle, Eos
If you are using 4-, 5- or 6-point racing harnesses that will hold you upright in the event of a rollover, the top of all occupants’ helmets must fall below the line between the top of the windshield and the top of the roll bar for the roll bar to provide full protection. In motorsport, this is referred to as the “broomstick test” because it is typical practice to rest a broomstick across the top of the windshield and the roll hoop while the occupants are seated in the vehicle to determine whether the roll hoop is high enough. If the top of any occupants’ helmet is above this plane, the roll bar is not going to provide sufficient protection.
Sufficient roll hoop height can also be an issue for tall drivers, in part because the roll hoop is designed by the manufacturer for street use (driving without the additional height of a helmet). It is your responsibility to confirm you have sufficient roll bar height before registering for our events.
WARNING: Please DO NOT deploy pop-up rollover protection without knowledge of where they will end up. In some cases, deployment will puncture the rear window or the cloth roof. In other cases, rollover protection cannot be deployed more than once (meaning it would have to be replaced). Again, it your responsibility to confirm you have sufficient roll hoop height before registering for our events.
The above is a well-vetted list, but we recognize other cars with sufficient factory or production rollover protection may exist. If you are not certain your convertible, cabriolet, or open-top vehicle meets the above minimum safety criteria, please CONTACT US BEFORE registering for an event.
If you do not see your convertible on the list, PLEASE CONTACT US to see if your car complies.
- "Inspected in advance" means downloading the Motorsports Supplies inc self-tech inspection form found THAT IS EMAILE TO YOU WHEN YOUR REGISTRATION IS CONFIRMED prior to the event and verifying the condition of each item on the form. Vehicles must be inspected separately for each event --- photocopies of previous inspections are not acceptable. The term "self-tech" means you may perform the inspection yourself if you have the required knowledge and tools. If you do not have the technical knowledge or tools required, or are not willing to take the time to properly inspect each item, please have the vehicle inspected by a licensed Automotive Service Technician with knowledge of the rigors expected in road course driving.
- BRAKE FLUID must be less than six months old on event date.
ONCE YOUR TECH INSPECTION FORM IS FILLED OUT, SCAN OR TAKE A PHOTO OF IT AND EMAIL IT TO firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE 18:00 HOURS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE EVENT. In the event you forget to email it, you will be required to email it first before entering the race facility on the day of the event. Do it before, please, to avoid delays entering the race facility.
- HELMET: Snell-approved M-2005 (motorcycle) or SA-2005 (motorsport) or newer helmets are required for all participants. ALL Snell-approved helmets bear a Snell rating sticker, typically found by lifting up the helmet liner (you should not need to remove any glued portions of the liner to view the sticker). Open-face helmets are preferred in vehicles with air bags; closed-face helmets are preferred in vehicles without air bags. We have a limited number of open-face Snell-SA rental helmets available for Novice drivers.
- Novice drivers without track driving experience must take instruction and complete a checkout ride before being permitted to solo. Unknown drivers without previous driving track experience in their profile will be placed in the novice run group and have an instructor assigned. Contact us at ******** if you have experience.
- EVENT WILL GO RAIN OR SHINE … please be prepared. No refunds for inclement weather.