About this event
- Entry is limited to driving participants and potentially 1 crew member or spectator only, with a maximum of 25 crew/spectators for the entire event. Due to NYS limitations on the size of gatherings, non-driving participants who are not registered will not be allowed to attend the event.
- LOANER HELMETS are available for this event, but must be reserved and will be kept for the day. All entrants must have an approved Snell 05 or newer helmet in order to participate. If you reserve a loaner helmet, you must wear a balaclava, or head sock, when wearing the loaner helmet. MoHud plans to have head socks/balaclavas available for sale. Cost is $5 and must be purchased at time of registration.
- Because entries are limited in number, it is CRUCIAL that everyone stay and work their assigned position when the other heat is running. By registering, you are affirming that you are agreeing to stay for the entire event unless you become ill or otherwise have a valid emergency that requires you to leave. If it becomes necessary for you to leave, you must notify an event official that you are leaving and, within reason, the reason why. Thank you for your understanding.
- Covid-19 precautions will be in effect as laid out in the Pre-Reg Requirements. If you submit your registration for the event, you agree to abide by all precautions as listed.
- Due to loosening Covid-19 precautions, this event will run somewhat similar to how it has in the past. Much of the process is laid out in the Pre-Reg Requirements, but please note that entrants will be placed in two heats. Depending on the entrants' classes, it may be necessary to separate some entrants between heats despite being in the same class. We will return to running morning and afternoon heats for each group, as has been done in the past. There will be a designated period of time (likely 15 mins or so) for the switchover between each heat while sanitizing takes place. During this time entrants are encouraged to have lunch, use the port-a-john, and get prepared before their next portion of the event. Those who worked the course during the first heat will then drive their cars in the afternoon heat. Those who drove in the morning heat, will then report to their assigned worker position at the announced time for the next heat portion of the competition.
Mohawk-Hudson ("MoHud") Solo Information
- Location: Tech City Lot, 550 Enterprise Drive, Kingston, NY
- Classes: All 2021 SCCA Solo national classes, including Novice and Pro PAX designations. Unsure of your class or need a number assigned? Email EJ Smith at EJEvo8@gmail.com.
- 2021 Entry Fee: $40 for SCCA members, $60 for non-member (credit card will be charged when registration is accepted)
- $5 fee for head sock if using a loaner helmet (optional purchase if you can't provide your own head sock).
- 7:45 am — Registration and Tech open
- 8:30 am — Course open for walking
- 9:15 am — Registration closed
- 9:30 am — Tech closed
- 10:00 am — Drivers Meeting
- 10:45 am — First Car Off
Directions: 550 Enterprise Drive, Kingston, NY - Location on Google Maps.
**All participants will be required to work.**
Notice to Participants:In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures are being developed and will be put into place for events going forward.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-course and off, and to make the decision on whether to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home. While on-site please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
As a participant in a Mohawk Hudson SCCA Autocross event, you are required to comply with our event and site policies. This COVID-19 risk management plan is a new policy and procedure we will implement (and request your participation to implement) to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission between persons while participating in our Autocross events. The policies and procedures laid out in this plan shall be considered a condition of participation. Event and program chairs reserve the right to take all measures necessary, including removing individuals due to noncompliance to the requirements of this policy, in order to ensure the successful and compliant running of our events.
The virus is not the only threat to our events. Government officials, news organizations, property management, and the Police have the power to end our season if they observe that we are not behaving appropriately. Be cautious when sharing/posting event photos.
Face Coverings / PPE
- ENTRY GATE – Face covering is OPTIONAL when interacting with Staff at the Entry Gate. Unvaccinated entrants are highly encouraged to wear a mask at the event while interacting with others.
- TECH – Face covering is OPTIONAL when going through Tech. Please stay inside your vehicle and follow instructions from the Chief of Tech when they approach your vehicle.
- GRID – Face covering is OPTIONAL outside of your vehicle if you can't socially distance. Do not approach the Timing Tent - distractions are not helpful to the administration of accurate results.
PADDOCK – Face covering is OPTIONAL when social distancing is not possible. If you are alone or maintaining proper distance from others, a face covering is not required.
- COURSE – Face covering is optional if you are maintaining proper distance from others. You should be spread out while working the course anyway. There will be hand sanitizer at all stations.
Cancellations and Refunds
- If you missed the deadline to cancel your registration through MSR and you wake up feeling sick the morning of the day of the event, we will be more than happy to put your entry fee towards a future event once you notify us of the reason. Please allow two days for processing of your refund.
- We will be conducting online registration only via mohud.motorsportreg.com.
- Cash payments will not be accepted.
- Registration will close the Friday before the event at 6 pm.
- At the event, check in at the registration table. Have driver's license out and ready to show. Work assignment and run group will be emailed to you the day before the event, but will also be confirmed when you check in at the registration table.
- WAIVERS – There will be a waiver station at the entrance of the site. Participants are required to exit their vehicle, sign the waiver, and get a wristband.
- Each car should bring their own pen (blue or black ink) to sign the waiver.
- Please wait in your vehicle until the station has been sanitized in between vehicles.
- It is recommended you sanitize hands with sanitizer before and after signing waiver.
- Single vehicle parking is in the back lot. Trucks and trailers are encouraged to park towards the back of the back lot.
Set Up / Tear Down
- We will make every effort to minimize the number of setup persons to the practical minimum to set up a safe event and course.
- Drivers will remain in vehicle.
- Driver will show/operate interior items as asked by inspector.
- Inspector will check exterior of vehicle
- Tech workers will wear nitrile gloves. (nitrile preferred to latex due to allergies)
- For your helmets, you’ll also have to show the tech person the appropriate Snell sticker. 2005 or newer helmets are still good till the end of this season.
Work / Heat Assignments
- An email will be sent the day before the event to inform you of your Heat and work assignment. At Registration you will receive a reminder of your worker assignment.
- There will also be no worker check-in before going out to your station, we will check you in via radio. Radios will be in plastic bags - please leave them in the bags when you use them!
- We will return to each run group running 3 runs in each heat, and working/running switchovers happening once in the AM heats and once in the PM heats.
- Work stations may be sanitized prior to each heat.
- We will be providing a limited number of loaner helmets for the foreseeable future.
- Loaner helmets MUST be reserved during registration.
- A balaclava or head sock is required to be used each time a loaner helmet is worn. MoHud is offering a head sock for purchase during your online registration for $5.
- We will have our on-site driver’s meeting as usual, however, we will require that individuals not sharing a household try to remain 6 or more feet apart.
- Grid will be broken up into a two-driver car section and a single-driver car section. Two driver cars will be gridded closest to the course, and single driver cars are gridded in the remaining area.
- Drivers are to remain in the area around their vehicle for the entire duration of their run group. They should inform the grid workers if they must leave grid.
- Socializing is permitted, but please limit the range you walk in order to ensure you are ready when your turn comes to drive. We ask that everyone use common sense in maintaining 6 feet from one another.
- Face covering is OPTIONAL when outside of your vehicle.
- Two driver vehicle participants who share a household will not be asked to maintain social distancing.
Timing and Bus Work
- No more than 4 individuals shall be permitted at the timing station either inside the bus or an outside setup at any time.
- Computer T&S
- Event participants that are not assigned to work in timing are not permitted to enter the timing area for any reason, at any time, during events.
- Timing workers, if inside the bus, are encouraged to wear face coverings if they are unvaccinated.
- Due to technical restrictions, MoHud is unable to provide live timing results currently. We.
- Official Results will be posted online within two-three days of the event.
- No event trophies will be issued.
Passengers, Non-Participants & Co-Drivers
- Due to event size limitations,a limited number of non-driving participants are allowed. Please register your non-driving attendees if possible.
- Ride-along in single driver cars for novice instruction is now available.
- Co-Drivers from same household are permitted, as are co-drivers who are vaccinated.
- Those who are sharing a car that don’t live in the same household are responsible for sanitizing the vehicle in between driver changes..
- Course walking shall maintain 6 or more feet between them at all times.
- Please use ‘walk right, pass left’ policy.
Shared Site Resources
Shared event and site resources include:
- Timing computers
- Station Radios
- Fire extinguishers
- Surface disinfection of these shared resources will be required at the beginning of the day, after each run group and prior to the handing off of any of the above listed materials from one person to another.
- MoHud will provide supplies for surface wiping, gloves and hand sanitizer.
- We recommend you bring your own PPE and hand sanitizer
- Food & water will NOT be provided. Please bring your own or stop somewhere to buy it BEFORE you arrive on site. It might be HOT, so bring at least 6 bottles of water per person.
- Autocross is an inherently social event. We typically encourage socializing during events, within reason. We know the ongoing COVID19 situation is going to make it very difficult to go back to ‘normal’ in the short term. We must ask that if you are going to socialize at autocross events, you use common sense.
- We are going to be trying our best to follow best-practices outlined by SCCA. What we need from you, the competitors that make driving around cones so much fun, is your understanding, cooperation, and patience. We’re doing everything we can to continue to hold events in a safe manner and in accordance with NY State and Federal guidelines.
- These guidelines may change during the event as needed to ensure the well-being of all in attendance.
Stay safe, and wash your hands….
IMPORTANT CLASS AND NUMBER INFORMATION:
If you are a new participant in MoHud SCCA Solo events, please email EJ Smith (EJEvo8@gmail.com) for a number to be assigned to you. Participants who have previously ran with MoHud recently and have been previously assigned a number should make sure to use the number you were previously assigned. Those participants who are already in our timing software with a class and number have first right to that number. If conflicts arise, we will do our best to work it out, but you must email EJ Smith at EJEvo8@gmail.com for assistance. Thanks!
Your Solo class and number should be prominently displayed on BOTH sides of your car. Please make sure it is legible so that the folks in the Timing tent can see it, and that workers on course can read it when you are at speed. You should also make sure that if you use a PAX Modifier (Novice, Pro) to put that on your car as well. 'Novice' is for those new to autocross, or have run less than 4 times; you should choose 'N' when registering as a PAX Modifier. 'Pro' is meant for long-time autocrossers who would like to compete against other long-time competitors; you should choose 'X' when registering for a PAX Modifier. No PAX Modifier selection is meant for those who are Novices and are looking to compete with other experienced autocrossers. Your PAX Modifier, Solo Class, and number should be in the order of <PAX Modifier> <Solo Class> <Number>. Examples:
- An entrant registered as a Novice, running in G Street, and using number 28 = NGS 28
- An entrant registered as a Pro, running in Street Mod, and using number 10 = XSM 10
- An entrant registered as running in C Street Prepared and using number 5 = CSP 5
- All entrants must present a valid state drivers license at registration. We verify your SCCA membership when you register, but SCCA members should be ready to show their membership card if asked.
- Seat belt and helmet use are mandatory per the SCCA Solo Rulebook. Helmets must be rated Snell 2005 or newer. A limited number of loaner helmets are available.
- All cars must be muffled. Maximum allowable decibel limit will be 91 dB or a level determined by the site.
- All vehicles must pass a safety tech inspection before being allowed to compete. Before showing up at the event, please check that your battery is secure (i.e. not being held down by a bungee cord), that all of your lug nuts are installed, and that any loose items have been removed from your car.
- In cases where a vehicle is not permitted to compete due to failing tech inspection, a refund of entry fees will be provided.
- Food is not provided by the club. A lunch break may be announced between heats, but is typically only 30-45 minutes, so food and drink should be brought with you to ensure you have time to enjoy your meal.
All entrants are encouraged to review the MoHud Region's Solo Supplemental Rules: SUPs-2019.pdf