About this event
Welcome to the 2020 MBR SCCA Autocross/Solo season!
Autocross is a timed event that pits a driver's skill and a car's handling ability against the clock. A course is laid out using cones and the goal is to travel from the starting line to the finish in the lowest amount of time. A time penalty is incurred when cones are hit, so precision and control are essential. "Autocross" and "Solo" are used interchangeably - "Solo" is the SCCA's specific brand of autocross.
Autocross is one of the cheapest, safest and easiest motorsports to participate in. Our fees (listed below) are low, and no special safety gear (such as roll bars, fire suits, etc.) is required except an approved helmet. You don’t need a “race car” to participate. Almost any production car is welcome, from showroom stock to heavily modified. Cars only compete against other, similar cars depending on its original performance and modifications. Cars are never near each other on the course and the speeds are relatively low, but still incredibly fun.
MBR’s events are held at Lake Erie Speedway. The Speedway is an 1/8th mile oval track with banked turns and paved infield, and we use all of it. Oval track racing might not be for everyone, but it’s hard to keep a smile off of your face blasting around the banking and diving off into the infield.
Solo Event Information
- Site opens at 9:30 AM
- Registration Check-in: 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM
- Tech: 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM
- Course Walk Open: 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM
- Mandatory Driver's Meeting: 11:15 AM
- First car off at 11:45 PM
- Cost is $35 for SCCA Members, $50 for Non-SCCA Members. ALL competitors MUST have their driver's license to participate.
- Due to the later start time, there will be no lunch, only one 10-15 minute break between heats. Make sure to bring a snack with you or eat before you show up.
All cars, participants, and spectators must meet all SCCA requirements. The full SCCA Solo Rule Book can be found here: 2020 SCCA National Solo Rules
In order to comply with the State and SCCA event guidelines related to COVID-19, we are implementing the following requirements/restrictions
- Anyone who is at higher risk for severe illness, feeling unwell, or who has been in contact with anyone that is sick in the last two weeks should stay home (we can provide a refund for the event)
- We strongly encourage everyone to apply for an Annual Waiver in order to avoid having to sign the waiver on site. 2020 SCCA Annual Waiver
At the event:
- Each participant needs to provide their own helmet. Loaner helmets will not be provided.
- You are expected to follow social distancing protocols
- You are required to have your mouth and nose covered with a mask or other material
- Because the event is only allowing online registration, you will be checked off as you go through tech and no other registration process will be required.
- No public drinks or food will be offered. Please bring whatever drinks and food you'll need to the event.
After the event:
- If anyone that was in attendance is diagnosed with COVID-19 within two (2) weeks of attending an SCCA event, we ask that you notify the event Registrar immediately.
Please bring any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) above and beyond what is listed above that will make you feel safe. We will make sure that the bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap to allow for frequent hand washing. If you have access to Nitrile Gloves, please bring them for your use.
If you have any questions about the requirements of the event, please contact us. We can be contacted through Motorsportreg as well as via our Facebook group, or you can visit our website for additional contact information. www.mbrscca.com