About this event
Registration is now closed. If you are still interested in registering for the PDX, Club Trial ( WITH YOUR OWN TRANSPONDER), or Race I will be monitoring e-mail until Wednesday evening at 9 pm. Please note that a charge of $25 will be applied with the money going toward the Volunteer worker fund.
Contact e-mail is email@example.com
After 9 pm Wednesday you may still come to the track and register for the event as a late entry for the PDX , Club Trial ( WITH YOUR OWN TRANSPONDER), or Race. Please note that a charge of $50 will be applied with the money going toward the Volunteer worker fund.
Welcome to the Cincinnati Region I.T.SPEC*tacular Plus page for all Race- PDX- Club Trial and Instructor ride along registrations. This a double Regional/Divisional event so all road racing classes are invited to attend. There will be a PDX on Friday Aug 8th and a Club Trial group integrated into our Saturday Aug 9th schedule.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO THE SCCA TIME TRIAL LOGO TO READ MORE ABOUT OUR PDX, CLUB TRIAL AND INSTRUCTOR RIDE ALONG!!!!!
Featured race series:
Formula FST ( Group 2): As a class within Group 2, The Hoosier Tire US Formula First Championship Series will be running two of their series races. The FST class will have a separate start, and their morning sessions will only be qualifying, with a race in the afternoon session each day. Series points will be awarded per the series rules.
Formula 1000 East Championship Series ( Group 4): Group 4 is designated a Majors festival race and national points will be awarded per the Majors Series. These races are also a part of the Formula 1000 East Championship Series and series points will be awarded based on the series rules.
SCCA Regional Racing Contingency Programs: Click HERE for a direct link to rules and forms.
ON SITE TIRE VENDOR SUPPORT!
Stupid Fast Tires: Providing Goodyear and Hoosier Tires. Aaron Quine, 330-573-4338 call 10 days in advance from event date to insure tires get shipped in time for the event.
ROAD RACES: Saturday August 9th & Sunday August 10th Sanction #'s 14-RQ-3058-S, 14-RQ-3059-S, ( F1000) 14-F-3312-S
One Driver, One car Single Day $200, Single Day additional Class $100
One Driver, One car Two Days $350 , Two day additonal Class $150
Two Days with Two drivers sharing a car $375
Formula 1000 East Championship Series ( Group 4) $575
1) ITA, IT7, ITB, ITC, ITS, T3, T4, B-SPEC
2) F5, F6, FV, FST, FF, CFF
3) SM, SM5
4) Formula 1000 East Championship Series
5) GT1, GT2, GT3, STU, ITR, ITE, STL, SP, AS, ST, T1, T2
6) GTL, EP, FP, HP, SPU, SRF, SRF-3
7) FS, FA, FC, CFC, FM, ASR, S2, FE, P1, P2
8) Club Trial (Saturday only)
Performance Driving Experience (PDX) Friday Aug 8th Price is $220 for members and $ 235 for non-members
use your car on the track with one of our instructors to coach you around Mid Ohio Sports Car Course. Please scroll down for driver requirements.
Sanction # 14-PDX-3056-S
Instructor Ride Along Friday Aug. 8th price is $20
Not interested in driving in the PDX but still want to go fast on the track. Then sign up for an instructor ride along.
Club Trial Saturday Aug 9th Price is $ 120 if you have a transponder already or $145 if you need a rental transponder.
This is for people with PDX experience in the advanced or intermediate groups who would like to add a transponder to their car and record lap times. We also welcome competition cars that are not competing in the road racing sessions.
Sanction # 14-CT-3057-S
PDX/ Club Trial combo : $310 Price includes both the Friday PDX and Saturday Club Trial. Rental transponder is an additional $25.
Driver Requirements for both PDX & Club Trial: You must have a valid driver’s license. All participants shall wear long sleeves and pants (100% cotton material recommended) and shoes which fully cover the foot at least to the ankle while on course. Helmets which meet Snell M2000+ or SA2000+ requirements or higher are required.
PDX Format: Entry Fee includes a minimum of (5) five 20 minute sessions on track , classroom instruction, Instructor for Novice and first session of the day for Intermediate drivers.
CLUB TRIAL format: Entry Fee includes a minimum of (2) two 20 minute sessions on track that may be lengthened depending on time constraints.
Description of a Club Trial: The conduct is the same as a PDX except for the addition of a transponder to record times using the track timing & scoring system. At the end of each session recorded times for the group will be provided to all participants. This is for drivers who have previous PDX , lapping day or competition experience. Please contact Jerry Cabe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about eligibility.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
SCCA Minor Waiver is for all children under the age of 18. Click HERE
Mid Ohio Minor Waiver Must be filled out for Competitors under the age of 18. This is in addtion to the SCCA minor wavier. Click HERE
Tentative Weekend Activities and Schedule
Thursday August 8th, 2014
- PDX Registration ..................6 pm- 9 pm
- PDX Tech Inspection........... 6 pm-9 pm in Garages 7 & 8 lower paddock
- PDX Novice Classroom session...8 pm located in the Goodyear garage behind the lower paddock concession stand.
Friday August 9th, 2014
- PDX Registration.............................7 am- 11 am
- PDX Tech Inspection....................7 am- 12 pm in Garages 7 & 8 lower paddock
- PDX Instructors Meeting..............7:30 am in the Goodyear garage behind the lower paddock concession stand
- PDX Participant and Instructors meeting...8:00 am Around garage # 9
- PDX Novice Classroom session will immediately follow the Participant/Instructor meeting. ( This is for those who missed the Thursday evening session)
- PDX on track sessions from 8:30 am- 4:30 pm
Licensed Competition Cars ( Mid Ohio School)
- Mid Ohio Twilight Test & Tune ( T & T) Registration base of tower or 2nd floor of the tower ( Pre registration $150, at gate $195)
- T & T Registration & Tech inspection........ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- T & T Drivers meeting.....................................4:30 pm- 4:45 pm
- T & T on track sessions..................................4:45 pm - 8:30 pm
- T & T info www.midohioschool.com ( Aug 9th Twilight Test & Tune)
- Race Registration.....................6 pm- 9 pm
- Tech Inspection.........................6 pm - 9pm Tech Garage behind Maintenance building
- Express Tech available............6 pm- 9pm
Saturday August 9th, 2014
- Race Registration...............7 am- 1 pm
- Tech Inspection......7:30am- 11am Tech Garage behind Maintenance building
- Group 1 on track 8:00 am
Sunday August 10th, 2014
- Race Registration.....................7 am-11am
- Tech Inspection.......7:30 am- 11am Tech Garage behind Maintenace building
- Group 1 on track 8:00 am