Fall Leaf Event 2017
MBCA - Peachtree
Registration closed October 21, 2017 11:59 PM on October 21, 2017 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends October 21, 2017 11:59 PM on October 21, 2017 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens March 4, 2017 12:00 AM on March 4, 2017 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from March 4, 2017 12:00 AM to October 21, 2017 11:59 PM
Get ready for a fantastic weekend in the North Carolina mountains during the height of the leaf season. We have booked reservations at the Fontana Village Resort in North Carolina. Fontana Village is near three fabulous drives, The famous “Tail of the Dragon”, the Cherohala Skyway and the infamous Moonshine route on NC HWY 28.
On Friday morning, October 27th at 10 a.m. we will meet at the Chick-fil-A located at 3405 Atlanta Hwy, Flowery Branch, GA 30542 Phone (770) 297-9045, located east at (Exit 16) off I-985 in Oakwood, Georgia to begin our ride to North Carolina. We will stop along the way for lunch in Dillard on the way to Fontana Village.
We have a block of 43 rooms reserved from $129.00 to $140.00 depending on certain room availability per night with check in on Friday October 27 and check out on Sunday the 29th. You must reserve your room at Fontana Village by August 29th or we will lose our rooms to other groups. The resort will not guarantee the group rate after August 29th. Contact Fontana Village at 828-498-2211 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgRegistration Be sure to mention that you are with the Peachtree Section of the Mercedes-Benz Club.
Once you check into Fontana Village you can relax and enjoy the amenities of the resort. http://www.fontanavillage.com/. Once everyone is settled in; we’ll gather for a group buffet dinner on Friday evening to get acquainted.
On Saturday, there will be a choice of two scenic drives to choose from:
- If you are adventurous you may select the ever exciting Tail of the Dragon with 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road. When you finish the “Tail” you can then double back to Fontana Village via the Cherohala Skyway
- Cherohala Skyway TN Hwy 165, NC Hwy 143) is a 43-mile National Scenic Byway that connects Tellico Plains, Tennessee, with Robbinsville, North Carolina. Travelers are treated to mile-high vistas, brilliant seasonal foliage, the magnificent splendor of the Cherokee National Forest and the Tellico River.
For the less adventurous you may want to just ride the Cherohala Skyway and a small portion of RT 28 (Moonshiner Route) back to Fontana Village.
We will dine at the Fontana resort on Friday and Saturday evenings. Saturday evening after our exciting drives we can reminisce over our day and talk about where we should go next year. Cost per meal will be $30 per person including gratuity. Alcoholic beverages are optional and are not included. Menu selections for each night are:
Friday Night Buffet Menu:
- Homestyle Beef Pot Roast with Vegetables
- Brown Butter Roasted Turkey with Sage Gravy
Saturday Night Buffet Menu:
- Pesto Marinated Chicken with Marinara and Mozzarella
- Marinated Flank Steak with Roasted Grape Tomatoes & Caramelized Onions
All Entrées includes: Choice of Salad • Two Sides • Bread • Dessert • Tea & Water
Registration fee will be $10.00 per car plus meals per person.