About this event
Drift Nirvana - Potomac Drift
Drift Nirvana - July 25, 2021 event will be held on the Potomac Circuit
Have you ever wanted to try drifting? Do you want to gain valuable skills to improve your drift technique? Here’s your opportunity to learn how to drift and practice in a controlled environment. Drift Nirvana„ is open to new, intermediate, and skilled drifters.For this event we will be running the Potomac Pad. We will be doing a hotlap loop and a standard run loop.
Hot lapping is an event format where multiple cars are allowed on a continuous looping course without needing tandem specific equipment. Hot lapping assumes the cars are concurrently on course and not attempting to closely tandem.
- Hot lapping approved drivers receive a sticker to show they are good to go for all future events. Stickers will need to be placed on the front window of the car.
- Drift Nirvana team members give and rescind the pre-approval decals at any point
- Hot lapping approval is given to drivers who can continuously (at least twice in a row) complete WC without spinning and minimal straightening
- Anyone wanting to be approved for hot lapping needs to find a DN member to watch their runs on the solo cours
On site Registration and Check in close at 9:00 am.
Mandatory Driver’s meeting @ 8:45 am
Pre-Registration Cost :
Potomac Pad - $95.00. (plus General Gate Admission of $10)
Potomac Pad - $115 per person (plus General Gate Admission of $10)
General Gate Admittance per event is $10.00 per person
Interest/Questions/Comments are welcome to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some important points to note:
1. Full body work is required. This includes hood, fenders, and glass (front and rear).
2. Your helmet must be up-to-date and in good condition.
3. Vehicles must have easily visible/accessible tow hooks or straps on the front and rear of the vehicle.
All questions can be answered by reviewing these documents:
PLEASE NOTE: ALL DRIVERS MUST HAVE COMPLETED TECH INSPECTION BY 9 AM AND ATTEND THE 9 AM DRIVER'S MEETING IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT
Other Rules & Common Sense
1. Full body work required. This includes hood and fenders and all front and rear glass. Side windows should be down or removed. Bumper covers are not required, but some type of structure, either substructure of bumper or a "bash bar" is required. Sunroofs must be closed.
2. Registration and tech inspection ends at 9 AM. Drivers’ Meeting is held at 9 AM. Those who do not complete tech inspection and attend the driver's meeting at 9 AM will not be allowed to participate in the event.
3. Vehicles must have easily visible/accessible tow hooks or straps on the front and rear of the vehicle. OEM hooks are not acceptable if they are blocked by bumper covers
DRIVERS: Your car must pass tech inspection, and your helmet must be up-to-date (SA2010 or newer) and in good condition. You must complete tech inspection and attend the driver's meeting at 9 AM in order to participate. ALL drivers AND passengers must have a helmet. Please check the rule book so you know what to expect for the technical inspection:
Download the Drift Nirvana App and Get the Latest on Upcoming Events!