Colorado May 2023 Street Survival VolunteersDouglas County EVOC
About this event
RMC BMW CCA with assistance from RMR PCA are hosting a Teen Street Survival School at the Douglas County Emergency Vehicle Operations Center (EVOC) on Sunday May 7, 2023.
It takes a LOT of volunteers to put on a Street Survival Teen Driving School and we thank you for committing your time and energy to this program that gives teens critical driving skills that can reduce accidents and save lives! We need volunteers in a wide variety of roles. Some of these roles require no training or advanced knowledge, so we have a place for everyone! Volunteer roles needed include:
- On-site registration - people to handle student check-in and ensure everyone signs the insurance waiver
- Lunch volunteers - distribute lunch to the students and volunteers
- Course marshalls - people to pick-up and reset traffic cones on the various driving exercises (aka cone shaggers)
- Gate staff - monitor and control traffic into and out of the EVOC site
- Cleanup & Dismantle crew - people to help put everything away after the event
- Driving Coaches - in-car coaching of students (requires DE or AX instructor status and completion of the online Street Survival Coaches couse)
- Course Feature Leads - instructors to guide students through the proper execution of the various driving exercises
Driving Coaches and Course Feature Leads need prior experience as a HPDE instructor or autocross instructor. They must also complete the Street Survival Coaches Training course online. See https://streetsurvival.org/coaches-training-signup/ Please complete this requirement well in advance of the school. It is key to your effectiveness as a coach and to connecting with our young students!
Volunteers need to arrive at 7:30AM. The program will wrap-up by 4:30PM when we will begin cleanup.
Everyone must use the back entrance to EVOC off of Waterton Road.
Douglas County Code 303 / EVOC
7200 Waterton Road
Be SURE that you enter Sedalia as the city, otherwise Google Maps may not take you to the right location!!! Note that Apple Maps gives a location a little ways down the road, so use the link below instead!!!
Apple Maps Link (with Pin dropped at proper entrance)
Everyone entering the EVOC site will be required to sign a paper waiver at the gate and will be given a wristband to wear.
The BMW Foundation will be supplying polo shirts for driving coaches who do not already have a yellow Street Survival polo, and t-shirts for all of the other volunteers. Please indicate your shirt size on the registration form.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
Event Chairs: Lynda & Brian Love email@example.com
Lead Instructor: Doug Bartlett firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you are prompted for a PCA membership number and other information, you may leave these blank!