About this event
Rocky Mountain Chapter BMW CCA Autocross Summer Series TEST AND TUNE! (THIS IS NOT THE CAR CONTROL CLINIC!)
Welcome to the RMC BMW CCA autocross series Test and Tune! Participation is open to all BMW CCA members. You MUST be a current BMW CCA member in order to participate, no exceptions.
Want to see if all those changes to your car in the offseason before the series events or just want to shake the rust off of your AX skills?! The Test And Tune is the ticket. You'll have 3-4 hours of UNLIMITED RUNS with timing to adjust your setup. There will be 4 rotating shifts. All participants must work one shift and then they get to drive the other 3 shifts. Registration is open to all BMW CCA members. Beginners, convertibles and roadsters are welcome! BMW and Porsche SAVs (X5, X3, X6, Cayenne, Macan, etc.) may participate, but must be on street tires. Other trucks, SUVs, and high center of gravity vehicles are not permitted.
Please verify the location of the event. Directions to each venue can be found on the RMC website under Venue Information. Please follow the turn-by-turn directions on this page. If you rely on nav software like Google Maps, etc. to get to Colorado Air and Space Port, you will most likely end up in the wrong place.
Event Day Schedule:
- 7:00 am - Gates open
- 7:45 am - Course Open for Walking
- 8:00 am - Registration Closes
- 8:45 am - Drivers Meeting
- 9:00 am - Session 1 Begins
- 10:15 am - Session 2 Begins
- 11:30 am - Session 3 Begins
- 12:45 pm - Session 4 Begins
- 2:00 pm - The Day Ends
The schedule above is subject to change depending on how the event runs, weather, and other circumstances.
There will be not be a lunch break as there will be plenty of time for everyone to eat. There will also not be any food truck attending so pack a cooler!
Please address all questions to Event Coordinator (link below).
We look forward to driving with you soon!
Make sure to class your car before proceeding to the next registration page!
The classing structure has been revamped to take into consideration new cars and modifications. BMWs and MINIs are classed using the tool at http://autocross.rmcbmwcca.org/Class.php. Non-BMWs and drivers in the Experienced or Open run group are classed according to SCCA Classing. Classing is on the honor system. The autocross chiefs do not police car classing. If you MAKE ANY CHANGES to your car AT ANY TIME DURING THE SEASON, we expect you re-class your car to be fair to your fellow club members. Your fellow competitors will be observant of your car classing and modification. There have been protests in the past, and misclassed cars may result in forfeiture of the driver's season points.
Please direct any classing questions to Event Coordinator (link below).
If you are new to autocross, please read the information page before registering.
Car Number Guidelines
As of January 1, 2020, helmets must be Snell 2015 or newer. Snell 2010 and older helmets are no longer allowed. Both full-faced or open-faced Motorcycle (M) or Special Application (SA) helmets are permitted. However, convertible or “flip-up” style motorcycle helmets are not. SFI 31.1 and FIA 8860 certified helmets are also acceptable. The club also has a few loaners available for daily rental for $15/day.
Cancellations and Refunds
Your credit card is not charged until registration closes, so cancellations can be made prior to the closing of registration with no penalty. No refunds will be given after registration has closed, unless the entire event is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control. At the event, no refunds will be given for no-shows, failure to pass the technical inspection, or equipment failure.
Step-by-Step Guide to Autocross
- Class your car using the tool on the autocross website.
- Make sure that your numbers and class letters are compliant with the car numbering rules.
- Register for the event on MotorsportReg.com
- Bring water! Even if it is not hot out, you will dehydrate quickly.
- Bring lunch or cash to purchase lunch at select events when a food vendor will be present. Food vendor presence will be noted on the MotorsportReg page.
- When you arrive, check in at the registration desk and get your grid assignment. Check-in is done either at the tent or at the autocross trailer.
- Move your vehicle to your grid spot and install your numbers.
- Remove all loose items from inside your vehicle and trunk. The driver side floor mat needs to be removed (even if attached to carpet). All other floormats can remain in the car.
- Open your hood and trunk to indicate to the tech inspection team that your vehicle is ready to be inspected. If your car passed tech, the inspectors will close the hood and trunk and place a sticker on your windshield. Otherwise, a note will be left on your windshield to follow-up with the Chief of Tech.
- Participants are responsible for their own belongings. If you bring valuables, please have someone watch them while you work or run. RMC BMW CCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Every registered driver will have a work assignment during the heat in which they are not driving.
- Spectators are welcome but cannot venture onto the course.
- Members are responsible for the spectators that they bring to the event. Any issues with spectators not following the rules will result in action against the hosting member. Members, please inform your guests of the rules that we all must follow at an event.
- No racing, fast driving, or showing off in the paddock or grid. Violators will be asked to leave the event without a refund.
- No speeding on the roads leading to and from the venue. We take this rule very seriously, as violations could result in the club losing the use of the venue. Violators risk being banned from all BMW events.