About this event
Registration for this tour opens at 5:00 PM on Thursday, May 11th. Sorry for the no notice event notification!! I just learned about this TODAY, May 11th.
Join us for a group drive up to Whistler-Blackcomb, BC for Whistler Weekend! This tour up to Whistler is NOT part of the formal Whistler Weekend events, but just one option on a fun tour and social event to get up there! To register for Whistler Weekend itself, you have to go to www.pca-cwr.org, scroll down their events listing to find Whistler Weekend and then register for the weekend events.. You will have to make your hotel reservations separately. Go to: www.pca-cwr.org.
There is a max of 50 cars allowed. We will drive the backroads north of Seattle, on a route yet to be determined and on up to Blaine, WA on the border for lunch at Bob's Burgers and Brew. It will be a pay-as-you-go lunch with individual checks. From there, it is north across the border into Canada along Canada Hwy 1 west to the famous Sea-to-Sky Highway all the way to Whistler.
Whistler Weekend hasn't been held for a few years now so this will be a special event in conjunction with Canada West Region. Other regions throughout Zone 6 will also be attending so it should be a grand weekend consisting of a Concours Lite competition, and a tour to a Canadian winery. All these events are described on the registration site. No autocross this time.
Show time for this Friday tour is 8:30 - 9:00; driver's meeting at 9:00; first group out at 9:30. We will be sarting from the McDonalds at Tulalip Casino at 10510 Quil Ceda Blvd, Marysville, WA 98271. Show up with a full tank of gas AND YOUR PASSPORTS OR ENHANCED WASHINGTON DRIVER'S LICENSE to cross the border!! Hope to see you on this tour!
Again, this is a registration for the tour up to Whistler Weekend, NOT registration for the weekend activities themselves! Those are all outlined in the Whistler link at the top of this information.
- Cancellations and refunds: Cancelations accepted until Aug 20th. There are no advanced payments required for this tour up to Whitler on Friday, August 25th.
- Car club membership: To participate you must be a member of the PCA and PNWR membership is highly encouraged. Porsche owners who are not members may register with the tour chair and receive a special invitation on a case-by-case basis.
- Non-Porsches on the Tour: Non-Porsches are only allowed on a case-by-case basis under extenuating circumstances (car in the shop, awaiting delivery of a Porsche, etc)
For Adult participants and attendees: All drivers and passengers must sign the Waiver Release Form, which will be provided at the tour starting point. There is no need to download, print and sign the form in advance.
- Age and driver's license restrictions: All drivers must be at least 18 years old and in possession of a valid US driver's license at the time of the Tour. A driving permit is not acceptable. For participants under 18 years old, at least one parent or legal guardian must sign an additional "Minors as Observers Only" waiver in the presence of the tour person collecting signatures, who will witness the signature.
- Registering for Passengers: Please make sure to include the names of any passengers riding with you in the space provided during registration. If you have two cars on the tour, each car and driver should register with a separate Motorsportreg account.
- Please read the Tour Rules and Etiquette guidance on the club website under "On the Road-->Tours-->Etiquette & Rules (pdf)" prior to the tour date.
- Additional information: See our club website http://www.pnwr.org/