About this event
The Empire Cup brings together three groups including the VSCCA (and other VMS racers), HRG and the Empire Drivers (HDPE) Touring Groups.
This Motorsportsreg registration is for VSCCA and VMS drivers only!
For HRG and Empire Drivers (HDPE) Touring Groups please use this PDF entry form or contact Charles Bordin at email@example.com or 914-968-5700.
- Save $50 by entering by May 18!
The Empire Cup will again be celebrating the Sports Racers of the 1950’s and 1960’s by offering a dedicated grid.
- Two full days of racing, plenty of unmuffled track time (at least 7 track sessions over the 2 days.)
- This is an unmuffled event.
- This event does have timing and scoring using transponders. Bring your own as none will be available for rental.
- Finishing position from the race before will be your grid position for the next race.
- VSCCA will have 3 groups and accept appropriate cars through the early '70s.
- HRG will run in 1 group for non-VSCCA (post-1959) closed wheel race-cars.
- Empire Drivers' Club will have have 2 touring groups (HPDE) for experienced drivers with fast street or race cars. The groups are divided by lap time. Important: This registration is for VSCCA and VMC drivers only. For HRG and Empire Drivers (HDPE) Touring Groups, please use this PDF entry form or contact the Event Chair Charles Bordin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-968-5700.
- On Friday we hope to have the traditional party. We will not decide that until closer to the event. Should we have it, although this party is free for everyone, donations in the form of wine, beer and sodas will be gratefully accepted. If you can’t bring a beverage to the party think of adding an extra donation to your entry fee to help offset the cost to the club. The club does have to pay for all of the extras at the party. We would like this party to be a social event. Meet your fellow drivers, corner marshals and friends to talk about the day's racing.
- To pay by check, please download this entry form and mail per the instructions.
- If you would like to donate to the Friday night party and to the volunteer marshals (flaggers, corner works, etc.) please do so online - towards the end of this registration, or mail a check made out to VSCCA, Inc. to Charles Bordin, 9 Leatherstocking Lane, Scarsdale, NY 10583.
Run either one or both days:
- Friday, June 2, 2023
- Saturday, June 3, 2023
- Early Bird two-day (Good through May 18): $550
- Regular two-day entry: $600
- Early Bird one-day (Good through May 18): $300
- Regular one-day entry: $350
- Early Bird two-day (Good through May 18): $600
- Regular two-day entry: $650
- Early Bird one-day (Good through May 18): $325
- Regular one-day entry: $375
To pay by check, please download this entry form and mail per the instructions.
Lime Rock Park
60 White Hollow Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
Charles Bordin at email@example.com or call him at 914-968-5700
Organized by the Vintage Sports Car Club of America. Check out the VSCCA at VSCCA.org
- The Early Bird Entry is up to two weeks before the start of a track event: specifically the VSCCA Springs Sprints, Empire Cup, Thompson Vintage Festival, White Mountain Vintage Grand Prix and Fall Finale. If you DO NOT pay by Credit Card, your payment MUST BE MAILED to the Event Chair no later than two (2) weeks prior to the event. If you do not send your payment promptly and show up at the event with a check in hand, you will have to pay the Regular Entry fee which is $50 more than the Early Bird rate.
- There is no Early Bird discount for Tech sessions, Hill Climbs, the Annual General Meeting and Holiday socials. The Lime Rock Historic Festival has their own Early Bird and cancellation policy.
- Non-VSCCA member entry rates are $50 higher however you can get a credit of up to $100 towards your first year of membership by entering two VSCCA track events in the same year.
Important: This online registration is for VSCCA and VMC drivers only. For HRG and Empire Drivers (HDPE) Touring Groups, please use this PDF entry form or contact the Event Chair Charles Bordin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-968-5700.
- All Sports Racers through the 1960s are invited.
- Entrants wishing to have timing and scoring for their car must bring their own transponder.
- Racing experience: For this online registration for the VSCCA group, entrant must be a VSCCA-approved driver or have a current and unencumbered (not on suspension) VMC license issued by a VMC organization (VRG, VARAC, etc.)
- VSCCA membership: Not required. VSCCA members and non-members are welcome.
- Current medical: Required.
- Personal safety equipment:
- SA certified helmet (Snell SA2015 or SA2020 - not an “M” or “K” helmet.) Full face and with a shield if an open car.
- Nomex driving suit - 3 layers total preferred, but 2-layers minimum. A 1-layer suit is acceptable only if worn together with fireproof underwear.
- Fireproof shoes and socks.
- Fireproof driving gloves.
- Balaclava, especially if you have facial hair.
- A head & neck restraint device is highly recommended for cars with 4- to 6-point harnesses. (Please note other vintage clubs require this.)
- Arm restraints, especially in open cars.
- General: Open to VSCCA-eligible cars, VMC cars and Event Chair's allowances. When in doubt ask the Event Chair before registering.
- Muffled? Unmuffled allowed.
- Tires: VSCCA rules and all VMC organizations require treaded tires. Cars with slicks will not be allowed to run with VSCCA groups. To see the VSCCA tire rules please go to VSCCA Tire Rules.
- Technical inspection: Required. Please remember to print a copy of the tech sheet, fill it in and bring it to the event. Download Tech Sheet here.
- Car Safety Equipment: Required: Everything per the VSCCA tech sheet above.
- Logbook: Cars entered must have a VSCCA log book OR have a log book from another VMC organization and be VSCCA-eligible for the event. If a car that is entered without a VSCCA logbook is not in keeping with VSCCA regulations and is accepted by the Event Chair, the car will be allowed to run this event. However, the entrant will be advised that to enter future VSCCA events, certain aspects of their car may need to be brought into compliance.
- Registration is subject to approval. We’ll review registrations and get in contact if we have questions.
- If you decide to bring a different car from the one registered, you must notify us of this change or you may not be allowed to participate in this event.
- Questions and to check car eligibility in advance, please contact the Event Chair Charles Bordin at email@example.com or call him at 914-968-5700.
When registering, please help us group cars appropriately by answering the car questions in detail.
- If you have not used motorsportreg.com before please set up a free account by starting here: New account setup
- If you have a motorsportreg.com account but have not used it for a VSCCA event please click here for a video: Existing accounts new to VSCCA
- If you need to update/change your registration (vehicle, group, etc.) please see these instructions: How to change registration
- If you need to cancel your registration please see these instructions: How to cancel registration
- For other help links start here: MotorsportsReg Help