About this event
Annual VIRGINIA HIGHLANDS TOUR - Warm Springs, VA
22-24 July 2022
Are you ready for The Inn at Gristmill Square?
This Driver's Tour is akin to a rite of passage, or annual pilgrimage. For those who have done it, a life of color, riches and fulfillment... for those who have not, a life wearing beige, half empty glasses and endless buffering on Netflix.
The impact of the pandemic is starting to ease and significant numbers of people are getting vaccinated, but we still are still organizing around changing local regulations and guidelines. Therefore, we present here, a high level schedule for the purposes of giving participants the opportunity to register intent. More detail will be forthcoming over the coming months, but don't delay registering if you are interested. This event will sell out quickly.
This tour will be designed to keep everyone safe. We want to minimize the risks to both participants and the wonderful folks we meet on tour as we enjoy the food, drink, activities and fun destinations.
The final exciting details will be forwarded to successful registrants as we approach the tour dates and know what restrictions are likely to be in place. The chips will fall where they may, but rest assured, we will be creative and make it fun in the Virginia Highlands!
Here's what you need to know:
THIS IS A DRIVERS TOUR. It’s a solid 2+ days of driving – usually 6 hours / day of nothing but turns - so be advised. This is the point. If you don’t want to turn, or want a slower pace, you let me know, peel off and meet us as the next destination by your own route. There will be rest stops every 90 mins or so. No whining, smiles mandatory, topless encouraged.
PCA Membership is required - make sure your membership details have been verified in motorsportreg before you attempt to register. Don't assume that because your membership is in good order, that the link with motorsportreg is verified.
There is a registration fee of $115 per person which covers: the Friday night Bluegrass band, group tips for staff at the hotel and a souvenir. The fee will be collected from confirmed registrants on July 1st.
- Friday, July 22: Haymarket area, VA. Meet 9:30am. We will head out after a group briefing, driving mostly back roads by way of the Shenandoah and George Washington National Parks. Arrive to Warm Springs, VA by @ 5 pm. Group Dinner Friday ~$80 pp charged separately. Alcohol and taxes extra.
- Saturday, July 23: Warm Springs, VA to a 6 hour drive through Bath and Alleghany counties in westernmost Virginia. Tour includes Lake Moomaw, Gathright Dam, Ingalls Field and Airport Road (Virginia’s “Teeth of the Dragon.”) On previous tours, some passengers have chosen to take advantage of local spas and town activities during the day on Saturday, while Drivers head out to enjoy a good day in the saddle. Dinner at several different places nearby is self-organized and paid separately (we will have recommendations.)
- Sunday, July 24: Warm Springs, VA to home. No plans. Leave when you want, however you want. Bath County Art show is going on – wonderful local, national, and international art. https://www.bathcountyarts.org/artshow
We have 18 rooms reserved at the historic, Inn at Grist Mill Square, Warm Springs, VA. ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE A CONFIRMED PLACE ON THE TOUR can you book your Hotel Room. Booking is done through the hotel website directly using the approved Tour Booking Code in the Confirmation Email.
You may wish to stay at another nearby hotel. We can recommend The Homestead Resort Hotel. https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/homestead-virginia You may book your accommodation at The Homestead at anytime. We have no arrangement with them.
If this Tour is for you, Register Now! We are limited to 18 cars. Registrations fill up fast. Places are filled strictly on a first-come basis.
Members are encouraged to bring a Porsche, but may bring an interesting, alternative, but suitable vehicle.
- This event is strictly limited due to size of the Hotel (18 rooms) and the ability to lead cars safely (18 max). Register early.
- Any spare places will be offered to non-PCA Members one month before departure.
- PCA Potomac Drive & Dine rules will be followed for the safety of all participants. (Discussed at the Driver's Meeting before we leave). Watch the website for revisions.
- We will notify you of your status by email. You are responsible for updating your profile in the MotorsportReg.com website to include your current contact information.
- We initially list all registrants as “New” for this event. We will change your status to "Confirmed" as soon as possible. We will provide formal notification of acceptance into an event by email prior to an event. If you haven’t received any notification, check the MotorsportReg website for your status.
- IF YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL.
- If you must cancel, please be courteous and cancel as soon as you can in order to allow others from the waitlist to attend. Cancellations are not guaranteed as food and preparations are based on bookings.
- If you cannot cancel online, you must notify the Registrar by email and receive an ACKNOWLEDGMENT by email to verify that you have canceled.
- PCA Potomac accepts only credit cards for payment. You are responsible for maintaining VALID CREDIT CARD INFORMATION in your profile.
- Payment will be requested from your designated credit card on/ around June 25th.
- Billing problems result in notification by email with limited time to resolve the issue due to the short billing period. If the issue is not resolved, we may cancel you from the event.
- Credit card and billing information uses secure connections and is protected by MotorSportReg.com. You are the only person who has access to your card number. We only see the last four digits for billing purposes.
- Cancel up to three weeks prior to the event for a full refund.
- No refunds will be approved within three weeks of the event date.
- Contact the D&D Chair to discuss special circumstances. THE D&D CHAIR IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN AUTHORIZE A REFUND OR CREDIT FOR AN EVENT.
- If you are authorized a credit for an event, you must use it before the end of the calendar year. We will not carry credits over into the following year. Credits may only be used for other PCA Potomac events. They can't be used for other clubs who also use motorsportreg.com.