About this event
All TSCC members and friends,
Currently state and local governments placed restrictions on all events has created some limitations to our Novice program. As such we have developed a TSCC Covid 19 Supplemental Rule Set which can be found here
You will be required to digitally sign the waiver through a secure mobile application which includes a digital photo of you and your personal signature through your mobile device. If you haven't done so already, please go to http://tscc.speedwaiver.com/ up to 14 days prior to the event and sign the event waiver.
“Come for the racing…Stay for the family”
2021 Test and Tune - June 5th at Virginia Motorsports Park
This is a great opportunity to get a large number of runs in to improve your driving and your car's setup.
$70 - Member
$80 - Non-Member
Proceed below to preregister
The TSCC 2021 Autocross Rules can be reviewed here: http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/club-autocross-rules/
Not sure about classing your car? Read our Classing Guide: http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/classing-guide/
Complete TSCC Rules and can be viewed here: http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/club-autocross-rules/
9:00 Gates Open
9:00 – 10:00 Registration
9:00 – 10:00 Tech
9:25 / 9:55 Novice Meeting/Course Walk at Start Line (Mandatory for all Novice Registered Drivers To Attend At Least One Meeting; Preferably Both!)
10:20 MANDATORY Driver's Meeting at the TSCC Timing and Scoring Bus
10:30 First Car Off
The event will take place RAIN OR SHINE. In the event of severe weather, a decision will be made at the driver’s meeting to determine whether or not we will be running. You will be notified by email if the race event is canceled before its scheduled date.
Car Preparation/Tech Inspection
Cars must be fully prepared before proceeding to tech.
- Check all lug nuts (wheel bolts) are present and torqued according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Inspect your tires, ensure no cords are showing, do not use tire shine.
- Check your brakes for pedal pressure and proper brake fluid levels
- Clean windshield/windows.
- Place your registration card under the driver’s side wiper.
- Check throttle return spring
- Check wheel bearings
- Ensure your car is not leaking excessive amounts of fluid
- Ensure your battery is secured(Bungee Cords are not an authorized method of securing the battery)
- Numbers: Number (at least 8” tall) and class letters (at least 4” tall) must be displayed on both sides of the car. Painter's tape will NOT be available from tech. If you are unsure of your classing, please let us know before proceeding to Tech and we can help you.
- Interior: Clean out all unnecessary items from inside your car (i.e. floor mats, loose speakers, items hanging on rear view mirror, wrappers, tools, etc) Plan on bringing a couple grocery bags with you for this purpose
- Trunk: Remove spare tire, tools, jack, loose/unsecured items
- Helmet: Helmets must be SNELL M2010, SA2010, K2010 or newer; SFI 31.1, 41.1, 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, 41.2A or British spec BS6658-85 type A/FR are also acceptable. Any helmet must fit properly and in good condition. DOT helmets that do not meet the more stringent regulations are not permitted. Club loaner helmets are NOT available for those who do not personally own an approved helmet do to COVID 19 health concerns.
- Sound Limits: TSCC will be enforcing sound limits of 100dB as measured per SCCA rules, and will be enforced per Appendix I of the 2019 SCCA National Solo Rules.
Competitors will take turns working the course throught the day in short segments to ensure maximum track time for all attendees.
All competitors will be required to sign an insurance waiver ONLINE and before entering the facility. Minors will need to have a minor waiver signed by both parents in order to compete or to ride along. The minimum age for riding along is 12 years. You will be required to digitally sign the waiver through a secure mobile application which includes a digital photo of you and your personal signature through your mobile device. If you haven't done so already, please go to http://tscc.speedwaiver.com/ up to 14 days prior to the event and sign the event waiver.