About this event
Welcome to the Todd Cholmondeley Cincinnati IT/SPEC*tacular Track and Time Trial Event.
Sanction # 22-TERG-58709, 22-TTRG-57308
This is your chance to put yourself behind the wheel of your street licensed or solo prepared car on the beautiful Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. There are two options for participation - Competitive timed laps held under the National Time Trial Rules for advanced drivers, and our traditional Track Event for street and solo prepared cars, with groups based on track experience.
Novice drivers will be paired with an experienced coach to show you the ins and outs of road course driving at speed. You will have several sessions to hone your skills and grin till your face hurts. The 2.258 mile Pro Course will be used in the morning and the 2.40 mile Club Course configuration will be used in the afternoon. No competition license is required for this event - just a state issued driver's license.
Time Trial groups(s) will have a practice session and Time Attack sessions in the morning on the pro course and a practice session and Time Attack sessions in the afternoon on the club course. Transponders will be available for a rental fee of $35.
The exact schedule will be set as we draw closer to the event and can determine the best use of available track time to give everyone the best experience possible.
Not sure which Track Event class to select? If you have never done this before or if you prefer to be in a group with limited passing zones, Novice is for you. Do you have track experience and feel comfortable having more passing zones, Intermediate is the place for you. Are you experienced and comfortable with unlimited passing zones or are a coach wanting to take your car on the track, you are Advanced group.
Time Trial is a different experience from Track Event. This is for serious competitors looking to get at least one clean lap per session with multiple, but somewhat shorter, scoring sessions available. There is unlimited passing in this competition group. This group is limited to Intermediate and Advanced drivers. Your car must be equipped with a transponder. There will be units available for rental at registration.
If you are still unsure, let us know and we'll help you.
All passing should be accompanied by a point by from the driver being overtaken.
* Successful completion of Friday activities will qualify advanced drivers to compete in wheel-to-wheel racing in a one hour bracket race on Saturday afternoon, regardless of competition license grade. See below for participation requirements.
Stick around for the weekend and volunteer as an official race worker and earn a $25 rebate for each day worked on your entry fee. Go to the Volunteer Worker registration page to sign up.
Cost for the Friday event is $240. You must be an SCCA member, but if you are not currently a member we will provide you with a weekend membership for $15.
YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL REGISTRATION CLOSES
DRIVER COACHES NEEDED
Track Event Coach Eligibility: One must hold a current recognized competition license (SCCA, NASA, IMSA, FIA, PCA, BMWCCA, etc.) or have equivalent racing, time trial, or track day experience, which is deemed satisfactory by the Track Event Lead Coach. If you have any questions about being a coach please contact Bill Niemeyer at 513-678-6728 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Show your support for ALS by stopping by garage 1 to bid on items in a silent auction, in honor of the late Judy Cowie, long time Cincinnati Region member and Corner Worker.
Documents and links
* Saturday 1 hour Bracket race requirements - While you may enter this race without a competition license, vehicle must meet minimum SCCA safety requirements per the GCR and full personal safety gear (driver suit, neck restraint system, etc). Go to the race registration page for this event and for additional information.
Vehicle Eligibility: Open to all vehicles conforming to the following:
1. Street legal cars with current and valid registration
2. Vehicles prepared to the Solo Rules classes of Street, Street Prepared, Street Touring, Street Modified, Prepared
3. Vehicles prepared to SCCA GCR classes of Spec Miata, Touring 4, Improved Touring, BSpec, Production, or Super Touring Lite.
4. Vehicles eligible for SCCA National Time Trial competition.
Required Driver Safety Equipment: Drivers will be required to have the following safety equipment to present for Tech inspection. Helmet meeting 2022 SCCA National Rules (see Event Supps for details) or higher, suitable eye protection, long sleeve shirt, long pants and shoes that fully cover the foot to at least the ankle. Driving gloves are not required but are recommended. For Drivers using race prepared vehicles it is recommended that they be fully covered by at least one layer of an accepted fire resistant material.
A limited number of helmets will be available for loan for your session.
Track Event Mandatory Drivers and Driver Coach Meeting:
1. A mandatory Driver Coach Meeting will be held in front of Garage 12 at 7:30 am on Friday, July 29th
2. A mandatory Driver and Driver Coach meeting will be held in front of Garage 12 at 7:45 am on Friday, July 29th
3. It is required that all Novice Track Event participants, and recommended for participants who have never driven at Mid-Ohio, to complete one classroom session. All classroom sessions will be held in the Cooper Tire garages (located behind concession stand in the lower paddock)
1. Thursday, July 28th, 8:00 PM
2. Friday, July 29th immediately following the 7:45 AM mandatory meeting.
Registration Hours: Tech Hours:
Thursday: 6 PM - 9 PM 6:30 PM- 9 PM - in garages 7 & 8
Friday: 7 AM - 1 PM 7 AM- 11 AM - in garages 7 & 8
Track Event Schedule - Friday August 2nd, 2019
Driver Coach Meeting: 7:30 am
Driver/Driver Coach Meeting: 7:45 am
Novice Classroom Session #2: Immediately following Driver/ Driver Coach meeting in the Cooper Tire Garage
On-Track sessions will be from 8 am - 4:45 pm with a one hour lunch break. During the lunch break there will be an opportunity to drive the track in street vehicles for pace laps. Price is $20 per car and will benefit ALS in honor of the late Judy Cowie, long-time Cincinnati Region flagger.
A schedule will be available at registration, but listen to the PA for announcements.