About this event
Welcome to the Todd Cholmondeley Cincinnati IT/SPEC*tacular Track and Time Trial Event.
Sanction # 21-TERG-20522, 21-TTTA-56468
This is your chance to put yourself behind the wheel of your street licensed or solo prepared car on the beautiful Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. There are two options for participation - Competivie timed laps held under the National Time Trial Rules for advanced drivers and our traditional Track Event for street and solo prepared caps, with groups based on track experience. Novice drivers will be paired with an experienced instructor to show you the ins and outs of road course driving at speed. You will have up to five 25-minute sessions to hone your skills and grin till your face hurts. The 2.40 mile Club Course configuration will be used in the morning and the 2.258 mile Pro Course will be used in the afternoon. No competition license is required for this event - just a state issued driver's license.
Time Trial groups(s) will have a practice session and a Time Attack session in the morning on the club course and a practice session and a Time Attack session in the afternoon on the pro course. Transponders will be available for a rental fee of $35.
* Successful completion of Friday activities will qualify advanced drivers to compete in wheel-to-wheel racing in a one hour bracket race on Saturday afternoon, regardless of competion license grade.
Stick around for the weekend and volunteer as an official race worker and earn a $25 rebate on your entry fee. Click HERE to be directed to the Volunteer Worker registration page.
Cost for the Friday event is $230. You must be an SCCA member, but if you are not currently a member we will provide you with a weekend membership for $15.
YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL REGISTRATION CLOSES
DRIVER COACHES NEEDED
Track Event Coach Eligibility: One must hold a current recognized competition license (SCCA, NASA, IMSA, FIA, PCA, BMWCCA, etc.) or have equivalent racing, time trial, or track day experience, which is deemed satisfactory by the Track Event Lead Coach. If you have any questions about being a coach please contact Bill Niemeyer at 513-678-6728 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Show your support for ALS, in honor of the late Judy Cowie, long time Cincinnati Region member and Corner Worker. Stop by garage 20 anytime before 3 PM to purchase a ticket ($1) or 6 ($5) for a Split-The-Pot drawing.
Documents and links
* Saturday 1 hour Bracket race requirements - While you may enter this race without a competition license, vehicle must meet minimum SCCA safety requirements per the GCR and full personal safety gear (driver suit, neck restraint system, etc). Click HERE to access the registration page for this event and for additional information.
Vehicle Eligibility: Open to all vehicles conforming to the following:
1. Street legal cars with current and valid registration
2. Vehicles prepared to the Solo Rules classes of Street, Street Prepared, Street Touring, Street Modified, Prepared
3. Vehicles prepared to SCCA GCR classes of Spec Miata, Touring 4, Improved Touring, BSpec, Production, or Super Touring Lite.
4. Vehicles eligible for SCCA National Time Trial competition.
Required Driver Safety Equipment: Drivers will be required to have the following safety equipment to present for Tech inspection. Helmet meeting 2021 SCCA National Rules (see Event Supps for details) or higher, suitable eye protection, long sleeve shirt, long pants and shoes that fully cover the foot to at least the ankle. Driving gloves are not required but are recommended. For Drivers using race prepared vehicles it is recommended that they be fully covered by at least one layer of an accepted fire resistant material.
A limited number of helmets will be available for loan for your session.
Track Event Mandatory Drivers and Driver Coach Meeting:
1. A mandatory Driver Coach Meeting will be held in front of Garage 12 at 7:30 am on Friday, July 30th
2. A mandatory Driver and Driver Coach meeting will be held in front of Garage 12 at 7:45 am on Friday, July 30th
3. It is required that all Novice Track Event participants, and recommended for participants who have never driven at Mid-Ohio, to complete one classroom session. All classroom sessions will be held in the Cooper Tire garages (located behind concession stand in the lower paddock)
1. Thursday, July 29th, 8:00 PM
2. Friday, July 30th immediately following the 7:45 AM mandatory meeting.
Registration Hours: Tech Hours:
Thursday: 6 PM - 9 PM 6:30 PM- 9 PM - in garages 7 & 8
Friday: 7 AM - 1 PM 7 AM- 11 AM - in garages 7 & 8
Track Event Schedule - Friday August 2nd, 2019
Driver Coach Meeting: 7:30 am
Driver/Driver Coach Meeting: 7:45 am
Novice Classroom Session #2: Immediately following Driver/ Driver Coach meeting in the Cooper Tire Garage
On-Track sessions will be from 8 am - 4:45 pm with a one hour lunch break. During the lunch break there will be an opportunity to drive the track in street vehicles for pace laps. Price is $20 per car and will benefit ALS in honor of the late Judy Cowie, long-time Cincinnati Region flagger.
A schedule will be availabe at registration, but listen to the PA for announcements.