About this event
Registration opens on Thursday, March 24th at 8 AM. Register early by clicking the "Register Here" box to avoid being placed on the waiting list or not being able to register if the tour sells out early! Registration is suspended on 3/27 due to having 18 people on the waitlist. Greg
Join us for the first weekday tour of the season. This will be a short tour to view the Skagit Valley tulip fields, hopefully at the height of their spring bloom. Due to the popularity of this annual event in Skagit Valley, we are not going to even attempt to do it on a weekend! Our route will take us on the backroads up to the Skagit Valley and then through several of the tulip fields on the way to La Conner. You will be able to preview which fields look the most dazzling for an afternoon return trip to your favorite for close-up walking and gazing at the fields and the vendor displays. We will continue on to La Conner for lunch, hopefully for the first time in a long time at a single group location, although that may prove to be impossible this time of year. After lunch, you will be free to shop in La Conner and/or head back out to the tulip field(s) of your choice. This tour is limited to 40 cars and will only be run once, so sign up early if you want to go.
Here are a few of the restaurants in La Conner, if you want to pre-plan where to eat lunch:
Nell Thorn, 116 1st St, La Conner, WA 98257, www.nellthorn.com, 360-466-4261
La Conner Waterfront Cafe, 128 1st St, La Conner, WA 98257, http://www.waterfrontcafelaconner.com/, 360-466-1579
La Conner Seafood and Prime Rib House, 614 1st St, La Conner, WA 98257, http://www.laconnerseafood.com/, 360466-4014
Calico Cupboard Old Town Cafe, 720 1st St, La Conner, WA 98257, http://www.calicocupboardcafe.com/, 360-466-4451
P.S. Just a note, there is an MG Rallye scheduled for April 23rd open to all car makes. You may wish to register for that event if you want a more immersive all day event. See the registration link at: mgccnwc.com/tulip-rallye/
Since the Covid face mask mandate has been lifted, we will not be requiring any masks leaving that option up to you. However, we suggest having a mask handy in case the restaurants or any of the businesses in La Conner or any of the tulip vendors still require one.
- Cancelations and refunds: Cancelations must be made before April 11th.
- Car club membership: To participate you should be a member of the PCA and PNWR. Porsche owners who are not members may register and receive a special invitation on a case-by-case basis.
- Non-Porsches on the Tour: Only Porsches on this tour since this is the beginning of the spring/summer touring season. Exceptions are only for member's Porsches that are in the shop or awaiting delivery.
For Adult participants and attendees: The waiver of liability release form must be signed at the tour start point prior to departing on the tour. Minors have a separate waiver form (Minors as Observers Only) that must be signed by a parent or guardian at the tour start point and be witnessed by the person collecting signatures. Waiver(s) may be viewed in advance on www.pca.org-->Forms and Documents-->Event Management-->Waivers. You must be signed in to the website to access the forms.
- Age and driver's license restrictions: All drivers must be at least 18 years old and in possession of a valid US driver's license at the time of the Tour. A driving permit is not acceptable.
- Registering for Passengers: Please make sure to include the names of any passengers riding with you in the space provided during registration. If you are participating with a minor (less than 18 year's old), make sure you include that fact during registration! If you have two cars on the tour each car and driver should register with a separate Motorsportreg account.
- Additional information: See our club website http://www.pnwr.org/ under "Let's Get together--Tours"