About this event
Doing sportscar things with sportscar friends
Join us on January 28th & 29th, 2022 for a two-day weekend of Time Trials on ICE, also known as ICE Attack!
We require a minimum of 15 drivers and 10" of ice. We will monitor the conditions as the dates approach, but are not able to control the weather.
Volunteers/ additional friends to run the corner stations would be greatly appreciated, however drivers will be required to rotate between driving and working corner stations.
Time Trials on Ice (Ice Attack) offers a safe environment for both new and experienced drivers wanting to improve their driving, find the limits of their car in low traction conditions, and have some fun. We aim to create an inclusive community for participants looking to do something different during the winter months.
Time Trials on Ice is similar to a Lapping or Time Trials track day, but on ice. You will be able to continuously lap for 15 minutes as if you were at Mission Raceway or Area 27.
Drivers are required to have experienced an ice event prior to signing up, however a seperate novice-only group may be created if we have enough (3-5) new drivers grouped together. All drivers in this novice group MUST have the same type of winter tire (Eg, studded or non-studded). Co-driving is possible, please email the registrar after signing up to ensure we have sufficient space in the required run-groups.
Winter tires are required, but may be either studded or stud-less (rubber only).
Time Trials on Ice (ICE Attack) DOES NOT REQUIRE A SPECIAL LICENSE!
The event is held on Barnes Lake, near Ashcroft, BC, Canada and is approximately a 4 hour drive from Vancouver. The travel time may vary depending on weather, however you should be prepared considering you plan to RACE ON ICE! A number of participants stay overnight in Ashcroft or nearby town Cache Creek for ~$120/night for a two-bed room. For those wanting a true out-door experience, some participants choose to camp overnight next to the lake (You must be prepared for the weather).
This event is capped at 25 participants - Each run group of 5 must be using the same type of winter type (studded or stud-less)
- $290 - Two Day Event
- $40 - Weekend Lunch
Please email the registrar if you are looking for hotel recommendations.
2023 Ice Schedule
January 14/15 - Auto-X on Ice
January 28/29 - Time Trials on Ice (Track Day)
February 11/12 - Auto-X on Ice
1) Should the event be canceled due to weather or in the event the minimum driver count is not reached a refund will be send to your credit card. A minimum ice depth of 10" is required.
2) A valid BC drivers license is required. No additional licenses are required.
3) All registrations must be accompanied by electronic payment.
4) Snow tires are required (non studded & studded winter tires welcomed).
5) Feel free to ask any questions you may have by emailing the event registrar.
Time Trials on Ice event will be limited to a maximum of 25 paid participants plus organizing volunteers.
8:00am - Gates open
8:50am - Tech closes
9:00am - Mandatory drivers meeting
9:30am - 9:45am - Run Group 1
9:45am - 10:45am - Run Group 2,3,4,5
10:45am - 12:00pm - 2nd Sessions
12:00pm - 1:00pm - Lunch
1:00pm - 3:30pm 3rd and 4th Sessions
3:30pm - Track teardown (Sunday)
4:00pm - Return to your local watering hole for refreshments or camp on site
You have never attended an Ice event before. This is your first time having fun.
You have been to a few of these before and are being socially obliged to bring along a friend within your social bubble.
If you have a car with snow tires (studded OR rubber) you are likely able to compete! If your car is eligible to compete in a road going auto-X event, you will be worthy of the ice.
Technical inspection shall be mandatory for all cars with special attention given to brakes, suspension, throttle linkages, and loose articles in the car. Ensure your car does not leak anything!
- The online waiver must be signed or you will be required to leave the ice surface.
- All vehicles parked on the ice must have a tarp or other suitable method of catching any possible fluid leaks. This item must cover the entire area beneath your engine and transmission and rear differential (if applicable).
- All fueling must be done on the shore.
- Any persons using a camera at turn stations must have a spotter. Please seek permission from race organizer if you would like to go out to the infield for media purposes.
- KEEP THE LAKE CLEAN, this includes spills, food and drink waste, and cigarette butts. If it doesn’t belong in the lake, keep it off the ice.
- Helmets are required! (SA or M 2010+)
- We want to keep a good relationship with the locals. Be respectful, no hooning to and from the lake!
- All vehicles must have adequate front and rear TOWING points. This includes factory bolt-on tow hooks.
GENERAL EVENT REGULATIONS
- Driver meetings are mandatory.
- All vehicle fueling is prohibited on the lake and must be done on shore with spill protection (i.e. tarps).
- Any competitor observed driving on the racing surface at any time other than the posted racing schedule, may be disqualified from the event at the discretion of the organizer.
- The speed limit in the pits is a maximum of 10 KPH.
- It is mandatory that a tarp or mat be placed under the engine of all vehicles (competitor, support, worker or spectator) parked anywhere on or around the race venue.
- For the safety of those on the ice, headlamps must be illuminated when on the racing surface. (Do not use flood lamps as they pose a risk of blinding turn workers if you are headed straight at them).
- All participants and guests are expected to drive on public roads in a manner which reflects well on the community.
- Self tech is required prior to the Technical Inspector approving the vehicle for competition. Tech forms are available online via www.speedygoat.ca
- If a race vehicle does not comply with one or more of the safety requirements the Technical Inspector, in consultation with the organizer may or may not let the vehicle compete.
- Anytime your vehicle is parked on the ice, a tarp must be underneath the vehicle to ensure ZERO fluids escape into the environment.
Auto-X on ICE & Time Trials on ICE - TIMING / SCORING
- Manual stop watches will be used for all timed runs. (Up to 1/100th of a second)
- Master timing sheets will state the start and finish times of each run group.
- The results will be posted at the lake at the end of each run group.
- Times will not be given to participants during competition runs. Approaching the Timers while the race is in session will not be allowed and subject to time penalties. Timing is done manually, and the Timers' attention is required on the track at all times.
- DNF are awarded when:
- a gate is missed
- any cones marking a hazard are struck.
- 2 second penalties will be assessed for each cone hit.
- Vehicles which spin off track and become stuck will be towed out. Repeated towing offenses causing delays will be subject to discussion with the organizer and may result in penalties or removal from the event.
- The IGNORING OF ANY FLAG may result in the competitor being excluded from the run, the weekend, the series and/or loss of series points, at the discretion of the organizer.