About this event
Come join us for the first annual THSCC Autocross Tour, featuring stops at 2 of our premiere autocross sites, the North Carolina Center for Auto Research and Virginia Motorsports park on back to back days! We will post an event hotel shortly to encourage those doing both days to stay the night and socialize in Roanoke Rapids before making the short trip up 95 to VMP for the next day. VMP will be a late start (first car off at noon) so there will be no rush.
Members (per day): $40
Non-Members (per day): $50
Two-day Registration: $80
Note: You can register at the event for an additional $10/day.
We encourage you to prepay online through the secure MotorsportReg website. Payment is deferred and accounts will not be charged until registration closes, so if you register and find out that you can't make it please cancel your registration prior to registration closing and you will not get charged. If you prefer to register at the event, you will be charged the increased day-of registration fee.
If you would like to redeem an event voucher (i.e. Season Passes or Event Passes) please register normally online and then email the registrar firstname.lastname@example.org and your registration will be modified accordingly.
|Tech Inspection||8:30 - 9:30 AM|
|Registration Check-In||9:00 - 9:30 AM|
|Drivers' Meeting||9:45 AM|
|First Car Off||
|9:30 - 10:30 AM|
|Registration Check-In||10:00 - 11:00 AM|
|Drivers' Meeting||11:30 AM|
|First Car Off||12:00 PM|
Your car should be teched BEFORE the drivers meeting. To pass tech, you must:
- Clean out any loose items in the car, this includes cell phones cables, garage door openers, loose change and such.
- The battery has to be properly secured.
- If your floor mats are not physically attached to carpet, they will have to be removed. We don’t want the floor mat to bunch up under the brake or gas.
- Hubcaps and center caps on wheels should be removed. If your hubcaps mount to the wheel and are held in place by the lug nuts, then they can stay on, otherwise they should be removed.
- Have a SNELL approved helmet, 2000 or newer (M-rated or SA-rated). We do not accept DOT-only approved helmets any longer.
It is your responsibility to:
- Check basic fluids such as oil, coolant, and brake.
- Make sure you torque the lug nuts to manufacturer's recommended tightness.
- Make sure you have no active leaks on the motor, transmission or diff. Oil on the track is a bad thing.
- Check tire pressure. If you don’t know what to set it to, ask ASAP.
- You WILL experience greater than normal tire wear. Your tires MUST be serviceable, meaning they have appropriate tread, no chords showing, etc.
In addition, TO ANYONE ATTENDING THEIR FIRST AUTOCROSS:
- In regards to displaying your class and numbers, please keep in mind that you should use tape or printed letters and numbers that contrast to your car's color, i.e. no blue tape on blue cars.