About this event
The Test and Tune for Saturday has been canceled due to inclement weather due on Sunday. Autocross Event #1 has been moved from Sunday to Saturday March 11 in it's place. We are sorry for any inconvenience. The weather on Saturday is expected to be good.
THSCC will host a Test and Tune and our first points event of 2017 at Danville Regional Airport. This is a two day event that will occur on March 11th and 12th. Day one will be a Test and Tune. This will give you an opportunity to fine tune any changes that you have made to your car over the winter break. You will also get the opportunity to work out some of the acumulated rust and to try new driving strategies without having it count as a points event. The second day will be the Point #1 autocross event, this one counts. There will be no Novice instructors available for the TNT but there will be for the points event.
Check out some videos of the previous events to get an idea what this event will be all about:
Test and Tune Non-Members (Saturday only): $35 Test and Tune Members (Saturday only): $25
Points Event #1 Non-Members (Sunday only): $35
Points Event #1 Members (Sunday only): $25
Both Days Non-Members: $60 Both Days Members: $45
Note: You may register at the event for an additional $10 fee.
We encourage you to prepay online through the secure MotorsportReg website. Payment is deferred and accounts will not be charged until registration closes, so if you register and find out that you can't make it please cancel your registration prior to registration closing and you will not get charged. If you prefer to register at the event, you will be charged the increased day-of registration fee.
If you would like to redeem an event voucher ( Raffle event Passes or Annual Pass) please register normally online and then email the registrar firstname.lastname@example.org and your registration will be modified accordingly.
Directions to the Danville Airport Site can be obtained at THSCC.com under the AutoCross drop down.
8:15 - 9:15 AM
|Registration Check-In||8:00 - 9:00 AM|
|Novice Walk and Instructions||9:15|
|Drivers' Meeting||9:40 AM|
|First Car Off||10:00 AM|
Your car should be teched BEFORE the drivers meeting. To pass tech, you must:
- Clean out any loose items in the car, this includes cell phones cables, garage door openers, loose change and such.
- The battery has to be properly secured.
- If your floor mats are not physically attached to carpet, they will have to be removed. We don’t want the floor mat to bunch up under the brake or gas.
- Hubcaps and center caps on wheels should be removed. If your hubcaps mount to the wheel and are held in place by the lug nuts, then they can stay on, otherwise they should be removed.
- Have a SNELL approved helmet, 2005 or newer (M-rated or SA-rated). We do not accept DOT-only approved helmets any longer.
It is your responsibility to:
- Check basic fluids such as oil, coolant, and brake.
- Make sure you torque the lug nuts to manufacturer's recommended tightness.
- Make sure you have no active leaks on the motor, transmission or diff. Oil on the track is a bad thing.
- Check tire pressure. If you don’t know what to set it to, ask ASAP.
- You WILL experience greater than normal tire wear. Your tires MUST be serviceable, meaning they have appropriate tread, no chords showing, etc.
In addition, TO ANYONE ATTENDING THEIR FIRST AUTOCROSS:
- In regards to displaying your class and numbers, please keep in mind that you should use tape or printed letters and numbers that contrast to your car's color, i.e. no blue tape on blue cars.