About this event
We are very excited to announce the return of THSCC autocross to Raleigh! Please join Tarheel Sports Car Club for our 15th V Foundation Benefit Autocross, hosted this year by PNC Arena. Expect a relatively tight course as its not a huge site, but our course designers are experts at packing maximum fun into these sorts of spaces (while of course keeping everything safe too). This will be a non-points event for our season standings so we can focus on maximizing the fun and our charitable donation of all proceeds (after expenses) to benefit the V foundation!.
Please consider also making a tax deductible donation to the V Foundation and have it credited to our event, use the this link. Our goal this year is to raise $3000 in total and we'll need your help! Just a few dollars from each member will get us there.
Note: Since this is a non-points event, we will be limiting Novice instruction to new drivers only to ensure safety. If you have participated in a few events and feel you can navigate an autocross course safely, please do not sign up as a novice. In addition, there will be no Pro or Seniors PAX modifiers.
THSCC EVENT REQUIREMENTS:
- These rules will be enforced and we will be re-stating them frequently during the event. If you feel you cannot comply, please do not sign up for the event.
- Please wash/sanitize your hands frequently during the event
- There will be standard AX Tech at this event so please leave your hood open and helmet ready for inspection
- We will provide water
- Pre-registration is preferred. Walk up registration is available until 8:30 am. LATE FEES WAIVED!
- If you register Saturday evening, you will have to check in with the registrar at the event to confirm your entry!
- There are a limited supply of loaner helmets which will be single use. If you have a helmet please bring it.
- We will be running with classes and numbers
We take the health and safety of both our staff and our attendees very seriously! Please, if you are unable or unwilling to follow these event guidelines, we ask that you do not sign up to participate.
Our web site, THSCC.COM that will be very helpful at getting you ready for this event. Select the “autocross” tab to find everything that you need to know for an autocross event such as what to do, which class you should sign up for, and directions to the site. You will find classes and numbers that you can print by selecting “forms”. Novices only need to print the “NOV” class, not the actual car's class. Remember to bring tape to post your class and number on the side of your car. A mandatory instructional Novice walk is required; see the event schedule below.. Please have your car ready and be there on time. The Novice guide and checklist will help you prepare for a fun day of autocross.
Check out some videos of the previous events to get an idea what this event will be all about:
If you have never autocrossed before, please check out the video below.
Registration closes at 8:30 am on the day of the event.
Late Registration: NONE! LATE FEES WAIVED!
We encourage you to prepay online through the secure MotorsportReg website. Payment is deferred and accounts will not be charged until registration closes, so if you register and find out that you can't make it please cancel your registration prior to registration closing and you will not get charged.
|Gates Open||7:00 AM|
|Registration Check-In||8:00 - 8:30 AM|
|Tech Inspection||8:00 - 9:00 AM|
|Novice Walk||8:45 AM|
|Drivers' Meeting||9:15 AM|
|First Car Off||10:00 AM|
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com .
Your car should be tech'd BEFORE the drivers meeting. To pass tech, you must:
- Clean out any loose items in the car, this includes cell phones cables, garage door openers, loose change and such.
- The battery has to be properly secured.
- If your floor mats are not physically attached to carpet, they will have to be removed. We don’t want the floor mat to bunch up under the brake or gas.
- Hubcaps and center caps on wheels should be removed. If your hubcaps mount to the wheel and are held in place by the lug nuts, then they can stay on, otherwise they should be removed.
- Have a SNELL approved helmet, 2010 or newer (M-rated or SA-rated). We do not accept DOT-only approved helmets any longer.
It is your responsibility to:
- Check basic fluids such as oil, coolant, and brake.
- Make sure you torque the lug nuts to manufacturer's recommended tightness.
- Make sure you have no active leaks on the motor, transmission or diff. Oil on the track is a bad thing.
- Check tire pressure. If you don’t know what to set it to, ask ASAP.
- You WILL experience greater than normal tire wear. Your tires MUST be serviceable, meaning they have appropriate tread, no chords showing, etc.
In addition, TO ANYONE ATTENDING THEIR FIRST AUTOCROSS:
- In regards to displaying your class and numbers, please keep in mind that you should use tape or printed letters and numbers that contrast to your car's color, i.e. no blue tape on blue cars.