Teen Driving ClinicAmerican Family Field (MKE Brewers)
About this event
The AUDI Club of Wisconsin along with Just Drive is Sponsoring a Teen Car Control Clinic on
Saturday, May 20th, 2023 from 8:00am - 4:30pm at
American Family Field in Milwaukee
The Teen Car Control Clinic will teach many car control skills not taught in Standard Driver Education courses
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for United States teenagers, accounting for more than one in three deaths. Young people are at a greater risk for traffic accidents due to one major reason—lack of experience. Safe driving is a learned skill. The clinic is designed to heighten students' awareness and responsiveness to real-world situations and boost confidence in their driving skills.
THE CLINIC TEACHES: the fundamentals of vehicle control during the classroom session as well as invaluable behind-the-wheel exercises with one-on-one instruction with emphasis on:
- Driving basics – Driver courtesy
- Proactive vs. reactive driving techniques
- Importance of vision
- Proper braking concepts with and without ABS
- Effects of vehicle weight transfer
- Cornering – understeer and oversteer
- Unexpected lane changes
The cost is a tax deductible donation of $67.00 ($65 event cost + $2.00 MSR fee) which includes a lunch for the participant and the accompanying parent/guardian.
• The driver needs a valid driver’s license or learner’s permit.
• A parent or guardian must attend the clinic with the teen driver.
• We recommend the teen uses the car he or she typically drives.
• The car must be insured, in good working condition, and have good tires.
If you have questions about the event, send Jay Morgenroth an email at firstname.lastname@example.org