Son of North Loop to Nowhere_2023PNWR Son of North Loop Tour
About this event
It's North Loop Tour Time - Again!
This return to the north is a celebration of Mosquito Lake Road (MLR) and includes some great driving as well as delightful scenery. Starting at the somewhat remote favorite Big Lake Grocery store we wind our way north to the Welcome Grocery Store (ethanol-free gas!) then head back south on MLR to Routr 9 on our way to Chuckanut Drive and our final destination and a “late lunch” in Edison.
The registration form asks for a preference of dates IF (a big IF) this tour is run twice. That is totally dependent on how many people volunteer to lead and sweep on the date selected. If we don't get enough volunteers, there will be only ONE tour and it will be on June 11th and it will ONLY be for 40 cars in 4 groups of 10 cars each. Confirmations will be by the date/time of regisration. There will be a mass email to those who chose June 11th, but didn't make the cut as to whether they would like to be on the June 18th tour.If you sign up for June 18th, you will have first priority.. LET'S HOPE WE HAVE ENOUGH LEAD/SWEEP VOLUNTEERS FOR JUNE 18TH SO WE CAN RUN BOTH DATES!
There are five options for lunch in Edison. There is no need to select a restaurant in advance, but you can review each at the links below. Note that they all offer takeout service if you prefer. Be thinking about which one you will choose because you may be asked prior to the tour date.
- The Old Edison – indoor, outdoor and takeout https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-old-edison-edison-2
- Terramar – indoor, outdoor, and takeout - Terramar Brewstillery (terramarcraft.com)
- Tweets – tweets cafe
- Longhorn Saloon – indoor and takeout https://www.yelp.com/biz/longhorn-saloon-bow
- Taqueria Marisposa – indoor and takeout : Mariposa, Bow, Bellingham | Zomato
- For a fancier lunch, you could choose to eat at Chuckanut Manor, only a few miles north of Edison near the base of Chuckanut Drive. Reservations suggested. The Ladies Tour was justthtere on June 3rd!
- Cancellations and refunds: Cancellations requested before June 5th. There are no advanced payments required for this tour.
- Car club membership: To participate you must be a member of the PCA and PNWR or other local region. Porsche owners who are not members may register and receive a special invitation on a case-by-case basis.
- Non-Porsches on the Tour: Non-Porsches are only allowed on a case-by-case basis under extenuating circumstances (car in the shop, awaiting delivery of a Porsche, etc)
For Adult participants and attendees: All drivers and passengers must sign the Waiver Release Form at the starting point.
- Age and driver's license restrictions: All drivers must be at least 18 years old and in possession of a valid US driver's license at the time of the Tour. A driving permit is not acceptable. For any participant (driver or passenger) under 18 years old, the participant and his/her parents or legal guardian must sign the "Minors as Observers Only" waiver form. The parent/legal guardian must be present at the start point to sign the minor waiver form.
- Registering for Passengers: Please make sure to include the first and last name of any passengers riding with you in the space provided during registration. If you have two cars on the tour each car and driver should register with a separate Motorsportreg account.
- Please read the Tour Rules and Etiquette guidance on the club website under "On the Road-->Tours-->Etiquette & Rules (pdf)" prior to the tour date.
- Additional information: See our club website http://www.pnwr.org/