About this event
Please join us for a great drive and overnight stay in the beautiful “Napa of the Sierra Foothills” 🤩. This is an ideal gateway for couples (and singles are most welcomed too - if you are single please make sure to be open for hotel room sharing)! 🥰. The Shenandoah wine region is home to many smaller production wineries. We will be visiting two of the favorites in the region.
Please note that all drivers and passengers are required to be free of Covid-19 symptoms to attend the event, and both must sign waivers online at speedwaiver.
This event is limited to 16 Porsches, 32 members. Once your registration is approved, you will receive information on how to book for your hotel room (Hotel Room to be paid seperately/directly to hotel).
Please find the full event details for each day below:
Plan for Thursday May 18th:
- Start Time and location: 8:00 AM in Clayton CA
- We will have a brief drivers’ meeting and then depart at 8:45 sharp for our adventure. Driving maps will be provided at that time
- We will have a fun drive on some twisty roads up to our lunch stop (Lunch is included). Lunch will be outdoors, weather permitting, in their gorgeous outdoor setting. After lunch we will be taking some nice winding roads in the Sierra Foothills to the town of Volcano to stretch our legs and participate in a fun historic treasure hunt.
- We will then proceed to our hotel in the town of Plymouth for the evening with dinner to follow. Dinner is pay-as-you-go at a high end New American Cuisine restaurant: Member can select a 3 course meal for around 79$ or entrees (Please note once your registration is approved, we will share information about the hotel, and how to proceed in making your dinner reservation)
Plan for Friday May 19th:
- Friday morning will begin with a continental breakfast (included with your room booking) served in the lobby. At 9:00am we will have a moderate morning walk thru some of the historic sites including the old pioneer cemetery
- At 11:00 am we will depart for our first winery just a few miles away. Wine tasting is available to anyone interested.
- At noon we will be heading to a very special winery where we will be having our “bring your own picnic lunch” with views overlooking the vineyards’ under a covered patio
- After lunch there will be a group drive back to the Bay Area
- Similar to our previous events, a Service Car will be available on this drive too!
- The touring event fee is $50 per car, and $50 per person (one lunch is included) . Any additional food items or drinks will be charged extra to accommodate a wide variety of choices available at the venues.
- During the drive, the Lead and the Sweep Drivers will communicate by FRS Two-Way Radios. We recommend you to bring your own radio and listen in, as road hazards and warnings will be broadcasted. Please note that, in case you bring a radio, this should not alter the ability to have both your hands on the steering wheel at all times while driving
- Please note that the credit card on file will be charged once the registration closes. Once it is charged, no refunds can be applied (as we will be submitting the reservations)
The Motoring Events team is hard at work for 2023 to bring even more exciting events to you and is always looking for volunteers to help. Please contact motoring chair at email@example.com if you’d like to help the team.
Frank Vanson, Event Planner
Gilbert Bouzeid, PCA GGR Motoring Director
FUN RUN EVENT REQUIREMENTS:
- This event is open only to members of the Golden Gate Region of the Porsche Club of America, driving their Porsches
- You must have an active, paid membership at time of registration and at time of the event
- By clicking “Continue” below, you acknowledge having read, and that you agree to, the following policies:
* CANCELLATION AND WAITLIST POLICY: Cancellations without penalty will be allowed until the registration closes.
* WAITLISTED REGISTRATIONS: Waitlisted drivers will be cleared once the registration closes.
* CREDIT CARDS: You MUST have a valid credit card on file with motorsportreg.com in order for us to confirm your registration.