The School of Opposite Lock BYOC "Higher Learning"Utah Motorsports Campus
About this event
Welcome To The Opposite Lock Drift School!
OppositeLock.School is an educational program designed to get you in the driver’s seat of a fully prepared drift car and give you all the tools you need to learn how to drift. This course is a full 8 hour day from 9-5 (with a 1 hour lunch) designed to bring you up to speed and have you confident in pitching a car sideways into turns by the end of it. Everybody learns at a different pace and our instructors will be able to focus on your individual strong and weak points in drifting through a variety of different exercises.
The cars, tires, and fuel are NOT included in the price for BYOC classes. Just bring yourself (and your prepared car) with weather appropriate clothing and closed toed shoes. A cooler with water and snacks will be provided. This course is primarily outside so equip sunscreen and anything else you may need for the elements. The Higher Learning sessions take place on the WEST ROAD TRACK. Focus is on precision and understanding of linking multiple corners together, higher level techniques for adjusting line, and more.
If you are inerested in the basic class and have any questions about car prep or other concerns please email Terry.Henderson@umcampus.com
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF OPPOSITE LOCK
- Do I need to be experienced?
- YES. This class is designed for drivers that have already completed an Opposite Lock class or previously driven at local events.
- Do I need a car?
- Reckless Driving
- If you drive in a manner that puts yourself or our staff and facility at harm you will be asked to leave (with no refund)
- Helmets are required,
- They must be a SNELL SA2015 or SA2020
- They CANNOT be a dirt bike or motorcycle helmet
- We have helmets available for rent!
- Yes, we are allowing you to bring your friends and family out to watch you have an awesome time!!
- Each person that comes to watch must check-in at the same location as you and sign the waiver. They will be provided with a spectator ONLY wrist band
- ***Minors (15-17) are required to have parent or guardian accompany them to the event to fill out the Minor Waiver Form, OR print out the form online and have your parent or guardian get the document notarized***
- Learners Permit is accepted with parent or gaurdian present.
Other Rules and Regulations
Drones, or any kind of airborne photo/video platforms or machines, are NOT allowed.
Open to all licensed drivers / bring your valid Drivers License to check-in for verification
Participants are required to wear closed-toe shoes.
No Spectators allowed in the paddock area
Drivers are responsible for any damage to the track property or vehicle
Drivers understand that they assume the risk for any damage they may cause.
Self Tech Sheet Self Tech Form 2023.docx
Participant arrival time
Check-in required MINIMUM of 30 minutes prior to the session
**All participants are required to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to their session start time in order to receive the proper wristband and sticker for the event. The mandatory drivers meeting notes will be available at Check-In. UMC reserves the right to refuse track time to anyone at their discretion. Participants who are unsafe and/or fail to follow event rules will be asked to leave and will forfeit their entry fee.**