SCDA- WINTER Car Control Clinic-Lime Rock- 2/19/22Lime Rock Park
About this event
Lime Rock Park February 19, 2022
WINTER Car Control Clinic
10AM-1PM and 1PM to 4PM
- NEW longer configuration and the ability to alter the course depending on weather conditions.
- Open to all drivers. No experience necessary
- Two sessions. 10:00 to 1:00 and 1:00 to 4:00. Schedule is mostly track time (Arrive by 9:00 or 12:00).
- Drive in Both Events or just in the morning or afternoon
- Chalk talk to Start the day at 9:30am and 12:30pm
- Radio coaching or In car-coaching is provided by SCDA Instructors
- Snowy Autocross Track adds the challenge of braking and compound corners, putting the driver's new skills to the test*
- Muffled event with a 86db sound limit
- Rental Spec Miatas are available for this event
- Early-Bird Special: Save $20 by registering before 1/19
- WINTER Car Control Clinic Entry fee is $349 after 1/19
- Morning AND afternoon entry fee is $599. Save $100
- *SCDA cannot guarantee the weather will cooperate. We will run even without snow!
- Sign up with confidence- Covid 19 cancellation policy.
The event is Limited to 20 Participants, providing Maximum Seat Time and Instruction. Spots are extremely Limited for this new SCDA WINTER Car Control Clinic; so if learning the limits of your car in a safe environment is what you are looking for, then this is the event for you!
The SCDA WINTER Car Control Clinic is designed to have you drive your own car or SUV at Lime Rock's Full 1/2 mile long Infield Track plus new available configurations!
The event will include a Chalk Talk, covering vehicle dynamics, oversteer, understeer, threshold braking, and most importantly, fine tuning your Car Control for winter driving! The event will then quickly transition to the Lime Rock Park Autocross track.
This event is open to any driver 18 years of age (16-17 with parental waiver) or over, NO prior track experience is needed. The event will be professionally staffed by the SCDA Instructor team. They will be available to coach you during the event to ensure some serious in car training, and of course a ton of fun sliding around on the full 1/2 mile long Auto-X track at Lime Rock Park.
Sound Restrictions: Please note that cars will need to be MUFFLED to 86dB at all Lime Rock Park track events unless otherwise expressed. Most cars with street-legal exhaust systems will be under the 86dB sound limit.
Sign up with confidence- Covid 19 cancellation policy.
The MORNING event will run from 10am to 1pm. (Arrive by 9:00)
The AFTERNOON event will run from 1pm to 4pm. (Arrive by 12:00)
Please continue to Register:
SOUND LIMIT AT LIME ROCK: 86dB. Please make sure your car meets the sound requirement of 86db or less. It is at the track's discretion to remove you from the event if you are over the sound limit due to town ordinances. We cannot issue refunds or any credits due to non compliance.
AGE REQUIREMENT: This event is open to any driver 18 years of age or over (16-17 with parental waiver), NO prior track experience is needed
HELMETS: Helmets are only required if using a car with an aftermarket roll-bar
CONVERTIBLES & SUV's: Cars, Convertibles, Small Trucks and SMALL SUVs are allowed at this event
VEHICLE INSPECTION: Not required, but we expect you to have a car in safe operating condition and empty of loose items.
TIRE REQUIREMENTS: Snow or All-Season tires are ideal for the Winter Car Control Clinic. Keep in mind that if there is no snow or ice on the surface, the soft compound of snow tires may lead to wear. Studded tires are NOT ALLOWED at Lime Rock Park.