About this event
VIRginia International Raceway
June 24, 2024
All Experience Level Track Drivers Welcome
3.27 Mile, 18 Turn Full Course
Early Registration Discount: $75 Off
Join SCDA, a leader in HPDE since 1995, for a High Performance Driver Education Track Day at VIRginia International Raceway in 2024.
This event is open for new and experienced track drivers. Our focus is on safety, education, and quality track time to help you be your best while having fun.
- 4 Sessions on Track per day
- Professional Classroom Sessions
- Early Registration Special: Save $75 by registering 2-months or more prior to the event or $20 1-month prior to the event
- 4 x 30min Sessions on Track per day
- Professional Classroom Sessions
- No membership fees
- Camping is available for this event.
- A limited number of arrive and drive rental Spec Miatas are available for this event
- Novice entry fee includes In car Instruction, Virtual and In-Person Classroom, Instructor for Lead-Shadow upon request
- TMI Racing Products will be open on site for tire mounting/balancing and more!
- We will utilize the historic 3.27 Mile Long Full Course configuration
- Lodging is available onsite
- GARAGES are available for this Event for an additional fee directly through the track
RUN GROUPS AVAILABLE at VIR:
- NOVICE: The Green Group. (Newer track drivers with no experience to limited experience, typically novice drivers spend about 5 events in the novice group. Instructors are required and will be provided for In car instruction. If desired or uncomfortable with in-car instruction depending on COVID-19, lead shadow w/ radio communication is available )
- INTERMEDIATE 1: The Blue Run Group. (Must have prior experience driving solo without an instructor, at least 5 events driving solo)
- INTERMEDIATE 2: The White Run Group. (Must have considerable road course experience and at least 20 track events)
- ADVANCED: The Red Run Group. (Highest level- years of track experience)- PASSING anywhere with a REQUIRED point-by.
Run Group Criteria:
See the comprehensive Run Group Criteria here. If you are unsure which group is the best fit, please email after registering.
VIRginia International Raceway Track Days & Schedule
VIR event entry fees are $439 ($599 novice drivers) retail
Early Registration Special: Save $75 by registering 2-months or more prior to the event or $20 1-month prior.
Please CONTINUE to Register:
The Sports Car Driving Association welcomes all driving enthusiasts to attend our events. In the interest of clarification, we would like to outline the basic criteria that should be met, in order to place you in the appropriate run group. We make every effort to ensure that drivers are placed in run groups with other drivers of comparable experience levels. This will ensure that run groups are balanced, safe and fun. This guideline is meant to serve as a tool to help you decide where you would fit in best within SCDA.
Sound Limit at this event: UNMUFFLED
Helmets with a SNELL SA-2015 rating or higher is REQUIRED for all SCDA Events
Helmets with an M-rating are not Acceptable. Motorcycle helmets do not have the proper safety requirements for car use by the SNELL Foundation.
Helmets MUST have one of these two labels on the inside.
Helmets may be available to rent for $50 upon request, limited sizes and rentals are available, PLEASE CHECK FIRST. If you are not able to get one prior to event, email us approximate size and we will add a helmet to your entry and charge $50 to card on file.
For safety reasons, all convertibles (Boxster, Miata, Corvette, BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Pontiac Solstice etc.) are required to have a roll bar that meets the following two criteria in order to be eligible to run during any event. 1) The roll bar must be in the fixed position and visible at all times. This means that roll bars which are designed to automatically deploy are not acceptable unless they are in the full upright and locked position at all times. 2) The roll bar must allow the driver to pass the “broomstick” test which means that the top of the drivers helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar to the top of the windshield. There are aftermarket roll bars and/or seats which can be used to help meet these requirements. If your convertible meets these standards, then you are welcome to participate! Factory hard tops are acceptable at most tracks, as well.
TECH INSPECTION FORM:
Self Tech. A dealer or certified mechanic is recommended. Please review the tech form.