About this event
SCDA Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park High Performance Driving & Track Events (HPDE)
MONDAY, July 20th
The Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Driving Experience
Save 10% if you drive a MAZDA at this event!
The SCDA will host FOUR dates at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park this 2020 season! This 1.7 mile road course has a nice mix of straights, challenging corners and some elevation changes. The pavement is brand new and the run off areas are very forgiving. Located in Thompson Connecticut, this beautiful motorsports facility is a track that you must plan to drive.
Some of the features on this exciting venue include:
- Repaving of the historic 1950’s 1.7 mile road course to 38’wide, new curbing
- Upgrade to modern safety standards, adequate run off areas and modified turn design to accommodate modern racing and driving needs.
- A110’ span bridge that will accommodate hauler traffic in and out of the paddock area
- Thirty stall garage building
- New classrooms, offices, restrooms, timing and scoring tower, concessions stands
- New entrance and registrations building
- Upgraded safety fencing and barriers
- Upgraded New England Race Fuels/ Sunoco fuel station.
Participants can expect:
- Four on track driving sessions,
- Personalized Instruction for Novice Drivers ( lead follow w/ radio communication)
- Classroom Sessions- digital
In an effort to provide maximum levels of safety, quality, and fun at our events, the SCDA will provide trained and certified flaggers at the corner stations. This ensures that our drivers can focus on one thing- improving their driving skills. This event is geared towards all skill level drivers, from Novice to Advanced.
We would like to remind you that Spec Miatas are available for rent at this event.
- We will be utilizing the challenging 1.7 mile Thompson Speedway track configuration at this event.
- The sound limit at Thompson Speedway is 103dB
- SCDA Data and Video Coaching- SCDA is offering professional data and video coaching at our events. This is an affordable and individualized program that will help you take your driving to the next level. Our coaches are accomplished racers and industry experts that are able to pinpoint areas for improvement. Together you’ll come up with an action plan to help you achieve your goals.
- A limited number of Garage Bays are available for rent.
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Track Days & Schedule:
2019 Thompson Speedway events will include 5/2, 7/20, 8/15 and 9/26
- Download the THOMPSON Daily Schedule (subject to change)
All Thompson Speedway Motorsport Park track events are $399 ($599 for novice drivers, instructors provided for lead follow w/ radio communication). $25 Early Registration Discount if you register 2 months prior to the event.
Save 10% if you drive a MAZDA at this event!
Please continue to Register:
The Sports Car Driving Association welcomes all driving enthusiasts to attend our events. In the interest of clarification, we would like to outline the basic criteria that should be met, in order to place you in the appropriate run group. We make every effort to ensure that drivers are placed in run groups with other drivers of comparable experience levels. This will ensure that run groups are balanced, safe and fun. This guideline is meant to serve as a tool to help you decide where you would fit in best within SCDA.
Run Group Criteria:
NOVICE is also known as the Green Run Group. ( Newer track drivers with no experience to limited experience, Instructor provided)
INTERMEDIATE 1 is also known as the Blue Run Group. (Must have prior experience driving solo without an instructor)
INTERMEDIATE 2 is also known as the White Run Group. (More experienced Intermediate group)
ADVANCED is also known as the Red Run Group. (Highest level- years of track experience)
*Please note that the above is a rough guideline, more info on the SCDA website. Please contact email@example.com if you are not sure of which group or make a comment during the registration form.
Sound Limit at this event: 103db
Please make sure your car meets the sound requirement as it is at the track's discretion to remove you from the event if you are over the sound limit. We cannot issue any refunds or credits
Helmets with a SA-2010 or SA-2015 rating are REQUIRED for all SCDA Events
Helmets with an M-rating are not Acceptable. Motorcycle helmets do not have the proper safety requirements for car use, specifically a rollbar multi-impact test.
Helmets MUST have one of these two labels on the inside.
Helmets may be available to rent for $50 upon request, limited sizes and rentals are available. If you are not able to get one prior to event, email us approximate size and we will add a helmet to your entry and charge $50 to card on file.
- SCDA Partner Black Armor Helmets Use coupon code SCDA5 for a 5% discount.
- Driving Impressions
- HMS Motorsports
For safety reasons, all convertibles (Boxster, Miata, Corvette, BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Pontiac Solstice etc.) are required to have a roll bar that meets the following two criteria in order to be eligible to run during any event. 1) The roll bar must be in the fixed position and visible at all times. This means that roll bars which are designed to automatically deploy are not acceptable unless they are in the full upright and locked position at all times. 2) The roll bar must allow the driver to pass the “broomstick” test which means that the top of the drivers helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar to the top of the windshield. There are aftermarket roll bars and/or seats which can be used to help meet these requirements. If your convertible meets these standards, then you are welcome to participate! Factory hard tops are acceptable at most tracks, as well.