About this event
New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP)
3/11 Lightning and 3/12 Thunderbolt
March 11-12, 2022
High Performance Driving Event
Experience Both Tracks in 24hrs
Featured Marque Discount: Save $50 if driving a Chevy!
Join us on March 11 (1pm-5pm Lightning) and March 12 (10am-2pm Thunderbolt) for our first SCDA High Performance Driver Education event at New Jersey Motorsports Park for the 2023 Season.
This event is open to ALL experience level track drivers. Our focus is on safety, education, and quality track time to help you be your best while having fun.
- 4 Sessions on track each day
- Open to ALL Experience Level Drivers (Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced drivers)
- Saturday drive Lightning from 1pm-5pm
- Sundayday drive Thunderbolt from 9am-1pm
- UNMUFFLED (no race engines on prior to 8:30am and after 7pm)
- Rental Spec Miatas are available for this event
- Early Registration Special: Save $75 for both days by registering before 2/12/23
- SCDA New Jersey Motorsports Park event entry fees are $399 retail for a single day or only $749 for a 2 day event
- Novice entry fee is $499 for one day and $899 for both days and includes In car Instruction, Virtual Classroom, Corner Observers, Instructor Lead-Shadow upon request
- Featured Marque Discount: Save $50 if driving a Chevy!
Weather Guarantee! (if weather conditions do not permit track to operate safely a full credit will be issued towards another event)
Passing Zones. Lightning:
Passing Zones. Thunderbolt:
RUN GROUPS AVAILABLE on March 11-12:
- NOVICE: The Green Group. (Newer track drivers with no experience to limited experience, typically novice drivers spend about 5 events in the novice group. Instructors are required and will be provided for In car instruction. If desired or uncomfortable with in-car instruction depending on COVID-19, lead shadow w/ radio communication is available )
- INTERMEDIATE 1: The Blue Run Group. (Must have prior experience driving solo without an instructor, at least 5 events driving solo)
- INTERMEDIATE 2: The White Run Group. (Must have considerable road course experience and at least 20 track events)
- ADVANCED: The Red Run Group. (Highest level- years of track experience)- PASSING anywhere with a REQUIRED point-by.
Run Group Criteria:
See the comprehensive Run Group Criteria here. If you are unsure which group is the best fit, please email after registering.
New Jersey Motorsports Park Track Days & Schedule
- Download the NJMP Daily Schedule (daily schedule subject to change)
- New-Jersey-Motorsports-Park-Schedule 3-11-23 : 1-5pm Lightning
- New-Jersey-Motorsports-Park-Schedule 3-12-23 : 10am-2pm Thunderbolt
In an effort to provide maximum levels of safety, quality, and fun at our events, the SCDA will provide trained and certified flaggers at the corner stations. This ensures that our drivers can focus on one thing- improving their driving skills. This event is geared towards all Intermediete and higher skill level drivers, from Intermediate 1 to Advanced.
SCDA New Jersey Motorsports Park event entry fees are $399 ($499 novice drivers) retail for a single day or only $749 ($899 novice drivers) for a 2 day event.
Featured Marque Discount: Save $50 if driving a Chevy!
Please CONTINUE to Register:
The Sports Car Driving Association welcomes all driving enthusiasts to attend our events. In the interest of clarification, we would like to outline the basic criteria that should be met, in order to place you in the appropriate run group. We make every effort to ensure that drivers are placed in run groups with other drivers of comparable experience levels. This will ensure that run groups are balanced, safe and fun. This guideline is meant to serve as a tool to help you decide where you would fit in best within SCDA.
Sound Limit at this event: UNMUFFLED . (no race engines on prior to 8:30am and after 7pm)
Please make sure your car meets the sound requirement as it is at the track's discretion to remove you from the event if you are over the sound limit. We cannot issue any refunds or credits.
Helmets with a SNELL SA-2015 rating or higher is REQUIRED for all SCDA Events
Helmets with an M-rating are not Acceptable. Motorcycle helmets do not have the proper safety requirements for car use, specifically a rollbar multi-impact test.
Helmets MUST have one of these two labels on the inside.
Helmets may be available to rent for $50 upon request, limited sizes and rentals are available, PLEASE CHECK FIRST. If you are not able to get one prior to event, email us approximate size and we will add a helmet to your entry and charge $50 to card on file.
- SCDA Partner Black Armor Helmets Use coupon code SCDA5 for a 5% discount.
- Driving Impressions
- HMS Motorsports
For safety reasons, all convertibles (Boxster, Miata, Corvette, BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Pontiac Solstice etc.) are required to have a roll bar that meets the following two criteria in order to be eligible to run during any event. 1) The roll bar must be in the fixed position and visible at all times. This means that roll bars which are designed to automatically deploy are not acceptable unless they are in the full upright and locked position at all times. 2) The roll bar must allow the driver to pass the “broomstick” test which means that the top of the drivers helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar to the top of the windshield. There are aftermarket roll bars and/or seats which can be used to help meet these requirements. If your convertible meets these standards, then you are welcome to participate!
TECH INSPECTION FORM:
Self Tech. A dealer or certified mechanic is recommended. Please review the tech form.